good Vinmetrica how-to videos?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

franc1969

Reaction score
Pretty much what it says on the tin - do you have links to good Vinmetrica how-to videos? I think there are some on the Vinmetrica site, any others?
I bought a group of winemaking equipment and tools, but have barely had time for anything besides bring them into the house. I need to figure out how this thing works, and decide if it needs to be sent for firmware update and calibration.

Pretty much what it says on the tin - do you have links to good Vinmetrica how-to videos? I think there are some on the Vinmetrica site, any others?
I bought a group of winemaking equipment and tools, but have barely had time for anything besides bring them into the house. I need to figure out how this thing works, and decide if it needs to be sent for firmware update and calibration.

Have you looked in YouTube? It’s way too much to post links, but easy to do yourself!! Go to YouTube and run a search for “Vinmetrica”, you’ll have pages of video titles to choose from.

Vinmetrica has its own YouTube channel that you can subscribe to, with 17 of their own videos posted.

I did find Vinmetrica's own channel, I assume those are useful videos. The pages of others, though... That's why I asked for links to -good- videos. I have so much else going with spring growth, I don't have time to go through them all. Maybe next month, but I want to figure this out and see if it needs to be shipped off.

Does it have a single post coming out of the top or a double. The single was an earlier version and I would recommend sending it in. Not knowing how old it or the probes are there is always a possibility it might not be functioning properly. At least for pH I would recommend calibrating it then checking with a fully saturated solution of cream of tartar, the pH should be 3.56 +/- .02. For sulfites see the link below, choose SO2 then 1b liquid SO2 test.

https://vinmetrica.com/troubleshooting-guide/#pHprobs

The Vinmetrica 300 is easy to run with printed directions; measure #1, #2, #3, titrate with mixing till it beeps for 20 seconds.
My modification is if I have 20 samples it is easier to weigh than have 20 pipe TT es. (ml x gravity = weight)
I haven’t used DO or malic acid but the video on their web site looks like a simple process.

Thanks @mainshipfred , it is the Vinmetrica SC-300, guy I bought it from said his last batch was 2017 or so. Two posts, different connectors. Everything he had was immaculate, was what he kept for use after he moved. So this -should- be fine. Just a matter of not having enough available time for me this week. Just happy to have it all.

Latest posts

Back