good social red wine

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chrisber

Reaction score
hello, i am looking to make a batch or red wine and a batch of white wine.

i just want this wine for social events.....

perhaps sitting in the backyard, or having a drink during a meeting or when a guest comes over.

can anyone suggest anything. a name or type.

You can make a decent table wine from frozen concentrates like Welche's 100% Niagara for a white wine or Welche's 100% concord for a red wine. If your looking for a kit wine then youll have to tell us whats available to you as in Brands and what you want to spend.

Chrisber:

You are one of many posting on this and other forums. Sorry but I don't remember where you live (please update the Location field in the Comtrol Panel). I also don't remember if you do kits or fruit wines. Yeah, I am too lazy to research your other posts (even when it's not Christmas Day).

In case you are interested in a wine kit, there are a number of kit brands that would fill your needs. Just choose a wine that you like. Merlot? Gewurztraminer? and make a middle priced kit. eg Ken Ridge Classic, Grand Cru, or World Vineyards.

Steve

im using kits bought a few grand crew ones. the 10 litre ones. but now ppl are telling me that the 16 l ones are better.

is merlot or shiraz a wine that u can just sit and drink?

or more of a food wine.

Any wine that you really like is a wine that you can drink every day. Just remember that just because its a 16 liter kit doesnt make it better then a smaller kit, everyone perceives wines different. I love big rich reds and love an Amarone, my friend likes much lesser full wines and hated my Amarone and loved the Grand Cru Barolo that I made which IMO was very thin. So goes the saying, to each their own.

nothing wrong with cheap wine

ha ha ha ha love the good old cheap lambrusco's range er that is if it's the same your end of the swamp, this end it's sweet n cheap and I used to let my stepchildren have a glass at christmas time but don't tell anyone in the uk or I'll be strung up by my toes

A good social wine would be a wine you make yourself, that turns out so good, the only thing your guests talk about is your wine. Thats socialization! Good Luck.
Troy

I've found that a light red is a good choice for a social wine that is likely to appeal to a wide range of people in a social setting, especially for those with little wine experience. Try a RJS Cellar Classic Bergamais. It produces a light red wine, reminiscent (to me, anyway) of Beaujolais Villages and is ready for consumption within about 4 to 6 months from bottling. I've also made the RJS Grand Cru version.....It tasted more like a Beaujolais nouveau to me and I did not like it as well.

Last edited:
I would recommend a blend like an Australian Cabernet Shiraz for your red, and a fruity sauvignon blanc for your white. But any kind will do...

hello, i am looking to make a batch or red wine and a batch of white wine.

i just want this wine for social events.....

perhaps sitting in the backyard, or having a drink during a meeting or when a guest comes over.

can anyone suggest anything. a name or type.
My current favorite is a mixed berry wine. It is ready in a couple of months and tastes fantastic! I like italian wines, especially valpollicella and it is reminiscent of that except crisper and lighter.

Latest posts

Back