WineXpert Good red Kit

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gwalz

Junior
Reaction score
I have a friend that would like to make couple kits with me. She is asking me to find out what is a good red somewhere being a Merlot and Cabernet that is not to dry and not sweet. Does anyone have any suggestions of kits. Something from the Selection Originals maybe?

Well, they do have a Cab/Merlot blend in that series which might suit your friend. We can all offer suggestions on what we find to be a good wine, but it might not be to your friend's liking. Most reds will ferment dry but you can always sweeten them a bit. One red wine that finishes with a slight sweetness is the Italian Amarone, a very bold wine - it's in the Selection International series.
By the way, welcome to the forum - maybe you could introduce yourself, tell us a bit about you , what you have made so far and what you would like to make - kits, fruits, berries, grapes? We're a very friendly bunch!

Well, they do have a Cab/Merlot blend in that series which might suit your friend. We can all offer suggestions on what we find to be a good wine, but it might not be to your friend's liking. Most reds will ferment dry but you can always sweeten them a bit. One red wine that finishes with a slight sweetness is the Italian Amarone, a very bold wine - it's in the Selection International series.
By the way, welcome to the forum - maybe you could introduce yourself, tell us a bit about you , what you have made so far and what you would like to make - kits, fruits, berries, grapes? We're a very friendly bunch!

Thank You for the suggestions. My introduction:
My name is Gail and I am from Minnesota. I make kits in the winter as a hobby. I have made Island mist ( Wildberry Shiraz,Pomegranate Zinfandel,Blueberry Pinot Noir,Kiwi-Pear Sauvignon Blanc,Blackberry Cabernet,Black Raspberry Merlot). I have the Twisted mist both the Mojito and the Margarita fermenting right now. I have also made Cabernet Sauvignon/ Merlot and Gewurztraminer a Muscosto and an orange and cholcolate port. I am hoping to experiment with the Lemon wine I saw people talking about on here. It sounds very good. I will also have a group of friends over and we all make kits. It a great time and we exchange and get a variety. I make them for gifts and people love that. I am glad I found this site to ask my questions. I have only been doing this for 2 years now and I still feel new to to it all. Its fun though. Thanks for asking.
Gail

I have a friend that would like to make couple kits with me. She is asking me to find out what is a good red somewhere being a Merlot and Cabernet that is not to dry and not sweet. Does anyone have any suggestions of kits. Something from the Selection Originals maybe?

Two words:

Luna Rosa!

You will not be disappointed.

Latest posts

Back