Good Friend That gets it!!!

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
On Saturday, the Wife and I drove upstate for a visit with my friend Debbie. The plan was to get caught up, grill some steaks, and generally have a good time.

Debbie is a wine lover's wine lover. For years, whenever we would get together, we would each bust out the best that our cellars have to offer to "kick off" a visit. The logic being .. "what are we saving it for?? It is meant to be enjoyed by those that can truly appreciated it.". How can I ever argue with that?

So, the first bottle we open is always something special. After that, it is on to the much cheaper home made stuff. (actually not much of a step down).

What a great time! the weather was beautiful on Saturday (got sun burnt), the steaks were tender and delicious, but the wines this time were truly remarkable.

She brought out a 2005 stag's leap SLV. It was bold, soft, complex, and very earthy. Simply amazing.
I had brought a 2014 Chateaunuef-du-Pape. It was rather young, crisp, clean, slightly sharp, while nice and rich! I have another 8 bottles that I think I will tuck away for another 5 years or so.

I want to hire an artist to paint a full size portrait from picture #2....

thumbnail1.jpg thumbnail2.jpg

Latest posts

Back