Going native fermentation, MLF ?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So, I'm getting ready to do my mlf and have been poking around for info in an attempt to get better at my craft...
Came upon this article, clearly they have a less than great opinion of our group here...

Page wouldn't load for me. They must know I'm a member here. 🤣

Last edited by a moderator:
I dunno, mamma always said

If you cant say something nice, dont say anything at all.

And
You shouldnt havee to make somebody look bad to make yourself look good...

Surprised someone would empty both barrels like that even though you are entitled to your opinion

And

Surprised someone would empty both barrels like that even though you are entitled to your opinion

Porkchop, that particular post doesn't even begin to scratch the surface of the contempt that that other site has for us here on WMT. That one was downright polite.

And

And by the way, your mamma was not wrong!

I stumbled across that site a few weeks ago. While I don’t really know anyone here nor there— it seems to me that they started a community of “experts” that have been banned from this site. All they do is provide criticism of the members here that offer help that isn’t definitive, science based, expert facts.. Aren’t we all just trying to come together and share in a hobby together? Sheesh!

So, I'm getting ready to do my mlf and have been poking around for info in an attempt to get better at my craft...
Came upon this article, clearly they have a less than great opinion of our group here...
I came across that whole obsession a few years ago too. I was angry. Ready to battle. Rather than feeding the trolls though I just disregarded it. (As per moderators advice)

I came across that whole obsession a few years ago too. I was angry. Ready to battle. Rather than feeding the trolls though I just disregarded it. (As per moderators advice)

AJ, but our moderator apparently don't care or know anything so why would you heed their advice. I just think the years are catching up with you and you are becoming more mellow.

Really though, somehow I was able to find other links and they are real A-HOLES.

AJ, but our moderator apparently don't care or know anything so why would you heed their advice. I just think the years are catching up with you and you are becoming more mellow.

Really though, somehow I was able to find other links and they are real A-HOLES.
Not at all! We just have a level of mutual respect around here! If I knew there would be no negative repercussions I’d have no problem going to war & owning a few of them smug pricks!
But at the end of it all- it’s the internet. It doesn’t matter. Nothing matters. No sense wasting energy on insignificant anon trolls from years old posts. More important things to worry about— like ANYHTING ELSE! Lol.

i've been selling wine juice and grapes now in the Ohio area now for over 30 years and have always relied on my vendors when it comes to making sure that the juice is balanced and has the natural yeast in the juice pail. I've had very little issues with my customer base of over a 1,000 in having any issues during primary fermentation.

Latest posts

Back