Gofermentor.... anyone had experience with them?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rocktop

Supporting Members
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi all, wondering if anyone has direct experience or indirect feedback from those who might be using gofermentor especially at a commercial level?

Thank you.

RT

Good friend of mine gave me two bottles of Merlot he made with a Gofermentor junior. Best wine I have had in months. Seriously, not making this up. He picked his own grapes, did everything himself.

Good friend of mine gave me two bottles of Merlot he made with a Gofermentor junior. Best wine I have had in months. Seriously, not making this up. He picked his own grapes, did everything himself.

Hi all, wondering if anyone has direct experience or indirect feedback from those who might be using gofermentor especially at a commercial level?

Thank you.

RT
I have 4 Junior. I like them for the convenience since I like to do extended maceration. I prefer to start fermentation in the bag open and punch manually for 3 days, then seal and let it finish. With its design so don’t need to worry about anything while I let it go 2-3 weeks. I just think O2 isn’t a bad thing in the beginning, so start manual. I do not connect it Wi-Fi. There is issue that if Wi-Fi goes out while inflating, it will over inflate. They have reduced the window with software updates, but as I found out this year it is still there. When running at max capacity you risk loosing some wine through the pressure relief — which I connect a hose to an run to a Carboy. Built in press is great and I put a pump in-line to press it dry. With a JR I am paying $3 a bottle for convenience. Still like it, even though I don’t use Wi-Fi and don’t use exactly as directed. Vijay’s focused on removing any O2 contact with wine and now has barrel liners. I just disagree, so just use it to finish fermentation and do extended maceration. I actually just started 10 gal of Malbec on Monday. Cold soak until yesterday, pitched the yeast last night. Probably seal bag Sunday or Monday.

Hope this helps.

Latest posts

Back