Gift for mom

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Anyone have any good suggestions for a red Sangria wine I can make? Need to take care of mom for letting me use her basement as a storage unit.
Grenache ? Tempernillo? Does it even really matter? I may go Chilean juice but that will delay me until May-ish and that limits options also. Or i may do a kit if recommended also. Leaning towards a kit so I can have it for her by the summer.

I would check on the juice from Chile. Check out Mikes post on the Chit Chat part of the forum. They have had some major fires down there and they have consumed some of the vineyards down there. Arne.

I'm surprised I haven't read about the Chilean fires until now. Thanks for the heads up.
My plan was to do a tempernillo or similar from juice or kit. Just because that's what I read. This island mist label peelers sangria link intrigues me tho. Never have done a fruit wine. Is this one made for the purpose of eliminating the fresh fruit like a typical sangria ?

I'd give either of the kits above a try if you are willing to go that route for a sweeter wine. I have the raz peach (I think that's it) currently sitting right now after adding the f-pack few weeks back. Haven't tasted it since sweetening, but I did tweak this a bit with more sugar and a bottle or two of white grape juice (I know that kit is red grapes, I just had white so threw it in).

Also have a Peach Pear Pinot waiting with the upgrades from LP of corn sugar and white grape concentrate, I bought that one after reading thread page or two back of @johnd doing it with the recommended upgrades and it going like hotcakes at a party, so that'll be going in as soon as I have space.

Lastly, I believe it is mismost, but he mentioned tweaking the mezza luna red quite a bit and it being a quick drinker. I have that one waiting sitting here to be done as well once I get the tweaks... but something to check out

Well after some research I decided to stick with her favorite sangria recipe from a restaurant in our neighborhood. I called them up and got as much information as I could get out of them.
Their recipe uses burgundy wine and then brandy, fruit and sugar in the mixture. So sticking with she likes. Burgundy it is. Now to find the right burgundy kit...

Well after some research I decided to stick with her favorite sangria recipe from a restaurant in our neighborhood. I called them up and got as much information as I could get out of them.
Their recipe uses burgundy wine and then brandy, fruit and sugar in the mixture. So sticking with she likes. Burgundy it is. Now to find the right burgundy kit...

Burgundy is a region in France, much renowned for its Pinot noir ant Chardonnay wines, so I'd suggest that you set your sights on a Pinot noir kit, and then add your supplements to that.......

Back