Gewurztraminer/apple holiday wine

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JCBurg

Reaction score
I have a hankering to buy some G.wurtz grapes and mix wine with a fresh apple wine(maybe with a hint of cinnamon) and I wonder if any of you more practiced somaliers out there would tellme if you think this would be a disaster before I spend the money? I've been kicking it around for 2 years now.

I agree with the suggestion. Gewurtz can be very floral with a definite taste that might not be beneficial with apple wine. but try various percentage blends as a bench trial.

I agree with the suggestion. Gewurtz can be very floral with a definite taste that might not be beneficial with apple wine. but try various percentage blends as a bench trial.
True it does, but it is so crisp when cool with a fine sweet taste, I think maybe it's more a matter of finding the right apple wine. Anyways, I'm going to make a couple purchases this weekend and try some mixing.

Make a gallon of each. Do bench trials to see how they blend. If you dont like the blends you always have the rest of the two gallon to drink seperately. Arne

For what it's worth, I think Riesling and apple would be an awesome combo.

I think your idea is cool and very doable.
Which ever wine kit you decide I would choose a moderately priced kit,secondly make a fresh apple fpac( Granny Smith apples),. Sauteed them down ,place them in a bag and place them directly into the mix.Done.
Alternative, wine apples and in the secondary 1 cinnamon. Stick. If you want a real mall wine a couple of cloves.

Latest posts

Back