Getting Started Equipment List

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Traceyleezle

Junior
Reaction score
One of the super mods said I should post a list of what I have so far, so folks could recommend anything I might need, but don't have yet. So here is what I have so far.

Airlock - 3 piece
Gum Stopper, #6 Drilled Rubber
Gum Stopper, #6 Solid
Corks
Straining Bag, Coarse
Siphon Stem Holder
Siphon Tube (Racking Cane)
Tubing Clamp
Green Line Hydrometer
pH Test Strips
Acid Blend
Campden tablets
Potassium Sorbate
Pectic Enzyme Solution
Yeast Nutrient, Fermax
Yeast, Cote Des Blancs, Red Star
Plastic Test Jar
Gallon Jugs
7.4 gallon bucket fitted w/ spigot and bored for airlock

I also have a local Bistro saving their empty wine bottles for me.

I know I need a bottle filler (or whatever they are called) and a corker, but I figure I am a ways of from needing them just yet. So they will be the next mad money purchase.

I can see that you'll likely be in need of a 5-6 gal. carboy. Numerous 1 gal jugs will likely just get in the way once you've jumped into wine making with both feet.
I personally prefer the 5 gal. paint straining bags rather that the course straining bags but that's something you'll have to determine for yourself.

I can see that you'll likely be in need of a 5-6 gal. carboy. Numerous 1 gal jugs will likely just get in the way once you've jumped into wine making with both feet.
I personally prefer the 5 gal. paint straining bags rather that the course straining bags but that's something you'll have to determine for yourself.

Yeah, I didn't want to get the big carboy just yet. Wanted to make sure this was going to be a hobby I will stick with before I brought in the big guns.

A bottle filler?
For your 1st wine I would suggest getting a kit. What kind of wine are you planning on making?

Well I'm thinking of starting three off with a couple of weeks in between: peach, blueberry, and plum.

Oh, and the recipes I will be using for my first few batches are all one gallon batches. As I said, I wanted to make sure this was something I was going to enjoy doing before purchasing the big 6 gal. carboy. :h

Latest posts

Back