Getting grapes in San Antonio

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

knockabout

Reaction score
Last year we got our grapes from George Fine vine wines / winemakers toy store. As the store is closed I’m trying to figure out how to get grapes here in Texas. I’m not afraid to drive. Can anyone offer suggestions for fresh red grapes in San Antonio?
Thank you kindly!

Last year we got our grapes from George Fine vine wines / winemakers toy store. As the store is closed I’m trying to figure out how to get grapes here in Texas. I’m not afraid to drive. Can anyone offer suggestions for fresh red grapes in San Antonio?
Thank you kindly!

Call up F Colavita & Sons, you’ll be buying the same exact grapes as FVW, without the middleman markup. I found a nearby winery that they deliver to and got my grapes trucked in refrigerated with theirs. Saved a fair amount of $ as well. Mike is a good dude, their family has been doing this for a long time, they pick, pack, and ship, no middlemen.

Call up F Colavita & Sons, you’ll be buying the same exact grapes as FVW, without the middleman markup. I found a nearby winery that they deliver to and got my grapes trucked in refrigerated with theirs. Saved a fair amount of $ as well. Mike is a good dude, their family has been doing this for a long time, they pick, pack, and ship, no middlemen.
Thank you!

Knockabout, would like to hear what you learn. I am in Houston and was also driving up to FVW for grapes.

Hi Rick,
I was directed to Colavita grapes, Abby there sent my email to the Nrth Texas Regional Wine Makers group to get in on the order with them. No response from them yet, but it's early still. It's a 10 hour drive for me but if I can make it work....I will.unless another option pops up that is

Hi Rick,
I was directed to Colavita grapes, Abby there sent my email to the Nrth Texas Regional Wine Makers group to get in on the order with them. No response from them yet, but it's early still. It's a 10 hour drive for me but if I can make it work....I will.unless another option pops up that is
Hello: Is there an active wine making group in San Antonio0? i know there are beer clubs (Bexar Brewers and others) Thanks

Back