Getting fresh grapes

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shard5

Junior
Reaction score
Hey everyone, I have been brewing meads for a couple years now, but I want to try to get ahold of some fresh grapes. I live in alberta, canada and would love to go down to the okanagan region of british columbia in the fall to get some. Where can one ussualy find fresh wine grapes? do the vinyards sell them directly or do you need to check farmers markets and such.

Thanks in advance

Yea I am not sure about in Canada but there are lots of small wineries in the South central PA / MD area that sell wine grapes.. We can also get them from some fresh fruit retailers around here in the fall. This time of year we have to get them through local wineries/vineyards that order them for us from Chile, South Africa etc.. Good luck in your search

In my neck of the woods it takes some work to find a vineyard that will sell just a few hundred pounds vs. tons, but they are out there. Start by asking other home winemakers and calling vineyards.

So do you have a local supplier that you use for you mead en devours? If so they are your best chance of finding fresh grapes in your area. Otherwise there are several places that you can order frozen must (frozen red grapes) or frozen juice pails (usually white grapes pressed then frozen). I imagine the shipping costs are pretty high to get them to your area from the U.S. to Canada, so you may want to search out a Canadian based company to order from.

There are quite a few active members here from Canada that may be able to point you in the right direction. I'm sure they will chime in if you give them a bit of time, eh.

Latest posts

Back