Get to Walkers fruit basket

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PAwinedude

Seed Separator
Reaction score
For those of you in PA and NY, Walkers fruit basket in Forestville, NY has 99 percent of all their fresh wine juices still in stock.

Also, those individuals in the Finger Lakes area can still get a wide selection of juice at Fulkersons in Dundee NY

Was at walkers yesterday.....a ton of good selections

I'm going to Walkers on the 31st. Just checked what carboys will be empty so I don't over buy.

Tanks and that's good to know they still have a nice selection. Well nice for us.:db

Believe it or not I have not made it there yet this year. The only thing left on my list I need/want is Diamond. Been getting everything at Presque Isle this year. I am running out of carboys and rack space.

Dan would you like me to pick up some Diamond for you when I'm there? I can drop it off on my way back thru.

Man I'm such a nice guy to offer. :):):)

Steve, Ya wanna swing by here and bring me a few hundred gallons of Catawba? I need to plant more of them as the ladies love it as a summer sipper.

Rich send a truck down here with a tank. I pressed about 2000 gallons the other day.
I would love to Dan, but I forgot where I left that dang checkbook again!:d Actually I am trying to keep the philosophy of just using what I can grow myself, so that limits volume of everything right now.

You got that right but you have to consider the opportunities to get what you can when available. Yes my freezer is packed tight but c'mon it's Walkers. Plenty of fresh juice and while on my way Sarah and I are going for a quick rendezvous.

Dan get your mind outta the gutter her husband and mom will be there too.

The winemaker at walkers says......great year for Ives, Catawba, Valvin muscat and Cayuga.....Numbers (ph and ta) came out right at 1 and 3 on both. The brix is at least 21 or higher on most everything they have....

You got that right but you have to consider the opportunities to get what you can when available. Yes my freezer is packed tight but c'mon it's Walkers. Plenty of fresh juice and while on my way Sarah and I are going for a quick rendezvous.

Dan get your mind outta the gutter her husband and mom will be there too.

Steve now you're gettting really kinky.

The winemaker at walkers says......great year for Ives, Catawba, Valvin muscat and Cayuga.....Numbers (ph and ta) came out right at 1 and 3 on both. The brix is at least 21 or higher on most everything they have....

They make all the adjustments ahead of time for the customers. Did I ever tell you about the tanker trucks of corn syrup I've seen going into there? Regardless everything I've ever got from there has made very good wine!

I'm definitely looking forward to my first experience with Walker's this weekend! My mother, brother and I are actually going to be spending the night in the area Friday night, so we are probably going to try and do a little sight-seeing in the area Saturday as well. Any suggestions for wineries (or other sites) in the area?

Sarah go to "21 Brix Winery", it's only about 10 minutes away on rt 20 west of Walkers. You can tell them I sent you and ask for a tour. It's brand new and by far have some of the best wine around.There are a ton of wineries from there to North East,PA. There are also some restaurants down on Rt 5 along Lake Erie that are good.

I'll have to remember that winery for next year's run. So many wineries... have to drive to each one... limits ones tasting ability!!

Debbie

Latest posts

Back