Other Get the best out of SG Platinum Cab Sauv kit

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Howdy all you wonderful squiffers. I’ve just put a highly recommended Solomon Grundy Platinum Cabernet Sauvignon kit on to ferment and just wondered if anyone has any tips for getting the very best out of this particular kit please? Mainly fermenting time, checking after 5days and bottling in 7 seems very quick to me, Should I give it extra time or will a week suffice?
Thanks in advance if anyone can help with this.

Rack into a carboy when the fermentation is near completion 1.000 or so, do you have a hydrometer? if not go get one and use that to determine when your wine is ready, As far a bottling, there should be a minimum time frame in your instructions and that is only a suggestion, it is entirely up to you and your patients. To get the most of that kit age it for 8 months or more. You will treat it like any other wine as far as racking when needed and adding sulphites every 3 months also keeping your aging vessel topped up with a similar wine. good luck.

I have nothing useful to add at this time, other than to point out that old Crash Test Dummies song is now stuck in my head: "Superman never made any money saving the world from Solomon Grundy". 🤪 🎶

Latest posts

Back