George Cornelius at Finevinewines

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cibb

Supporting Members
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm on their email list and received an email he passed away.

I didn't know him but I received several recommendations from him over the last few years I've been in the hobby. I thought I'd share as I know many on here purchase from them as well.

It is with a sad heart that I let everyone know that George passed away on Friday November 2nd.

If you have been following the updates in the news letters about his health the last two months you know he has had his ups and downs trying to recover from his surgery in early September. His Family and Doctors moved him to a skilled nursing facility 2-3 weeks ago to help the recovery process. He had his good day sand his bad days, the recovery was going slow. The two days prior, he had gone two nights without needing any additional oxygen while sleeping. Needless to say, this was a big shock to his family, friends and everyone here at the store.

There is never a good way to break this type of news to family, friends or customers. Rest assured that George thought of many of you as family and friends and no one was "just a customer" to George.

Jana, Rick and Brian

It is a very sad day for home winemakers. George was directly responsible for me getting into this crazy hobby/obsession back in 2009. It was an honor to be one of the moderators on his FVW Forum for years until he decided to merge it with WMT. George was the type of guy that would just talk as much as you wanted to talk about winemaking no matter how busy he was at the moment. RIP George. I am sure we will see each other again some day soon and share a bottle together.

IMG_0855.jpg

Last edited:
Just read the sad news that FineVineWines will be closing at the end of the month. :(

Back