Gas Price Watch

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No need to touch a gas pump. I have 30+ years of donning every imaginable type of PPE.

F23023~p.eps-650.jpg

You obviously don't watch the Walking Dead. LOL No need for electricity to fill up a gas powered vehicle. You just siphon it out with a hand pump! I have 405 miles of "storage" in our 1.5L Turbo Charged Accord :p

Gonna take you a long time to recharge with a solar panel and you better hope you have a few sunny days! :n

On this side of the coast more but heating than sunny, no sun no go.
No power generation no go.
Land of the living dead, glad I got a couple of horse's

One week later gas in now down to $1.35/gal at Costco in ABQ. Our entire State has been placed into a "shelter in place" for weeks. I could technically get in the car and make the 200 mile RT to Costco and stock up but we stocked up well 3 weeks ago luckily so I don't see us going back for a few months.

CT says I currently have enough on wine hand to last 3.365384615384615 years at the current consumption rate.......

With the rate at which I'm driving lately, the half tank of gas in my car is bound to last that long. :D

You have to pony up for the new COVID-19 Premium Membership.......

JK, looked at my inventory total and divided by ave bottle consumption per week if I never bought another bottle. Can easily double this time if you factor in my wine made from fresh grapes not included in the inventory.

I‘ve not found that function yet in CT, whereabouts is it?

Our gas is now about $1.49 locally, but Gas Buddy says that one station about 20 miles away is selling for $0.99. I remember when pumps couldn't handle prices over a buck. If you look at inflation-adjusted average pricing, the all-time lows had been $1.61 in 1998 (in 2020 dollars). These prices are lower.

You have to pony up for the new COVID-19 Premium Membership.......

JK, looked at my inventory total and divided by ave bottle consumption per week if I never bought another bottle. Can easily double this time if you factor in my wine made from fresh grapes not included in the inventory.

Gotcha, just thought there was something I was missing.................

Closest gas station (about a mile) is $2.11. Costco (about 3 miles away) is $1.75.

Back