Gas Price Watch

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Too hot. Grape acids start breaking down/being metabolized in that hot weather. This is not all that unusual for Walla Walla and the Columbia Valley but the area around Portland has mostly cooler weather loving grapes planted like Pinot Noir and Chardonnay. Really not good for those grapes. Hopefully it won't last for very long and will cool off at night.

That's good grape growing weather!

California also has tougher gas standards than those of the federal government and mandates the use of cleaner gas with fewer emissions. Experts tout California gas as one of the cleanest-burning in the world, but the distinction doesn't come cheap.

If it's that good, we don't have to worry about burning fossil fuels anymore, right? Oh, it's not THAT good? Then why are there extra taxes for it? (ducks for cover)

I think you are thinking of the OLD days when "emissions" somehow didn't include CO2. We know better now, so, yes, we have to worry.

It just jumped here from 1.91 yesterday to 1.99 this morning. It had been 1.89-1.91 for weeks.

Gas stations must have put out an APB after that latest DPRK ICBM missile test. We shot up $0.07 here. Oil shot up to over $50/bl cause you know when the world ends there will be a shortage of oil (and people)......

Last edited:
We are also on an extended RV trip pulling our 5th wheel with our diesel pickup. Since leaving early July, we have paid anywhere from $2.19 to $2.58 for diesel. We are currently outside of Grand Rapids, MI and diesel just jumped from $2.44 to $2.59 overnight. That stinks. Hope that trend stops really soon.

Think your gas is expensive!

Just as well you guys don't live here in Scotland. Yes we produce oil from the North sea but our diesel has just REDUCED to £1.15 per litre.

It just jumped here from 1.91 yesterday to 1.99 this morning. It had been 1.89-1.91 for weeks.

No sooner had I posted this than it jumped up the next morning to 2.05. Pretty decent spike, from 1.89 to 2.05 in 2 days.

Watched it climb the last few weeks go from $2.29 avg to $2.49. I expect it to keep climbing to $2.75, but a lot of that is our PA gastapo taxes added in. Yes they fund a lot of necessary programs, but it isn't always nice on the wallet. Less money for winemaking supplies.

Was 2.05 a day, down to 1.99, then back to 2.05, then down to 1.99...

2.85 yesterday.

Want to guess what gas will cost in Madras, OR where the crowds heading for the eclipse? ?

There just happens to be a "gas shortage " in OR right now......... yeah, right. Glad I'm a long ways from that!

$1.98 at Costco in ABQ. Will make a run tomorrow AM.

gasjpg-4bf10e702d36e791.jpg

Filled the F150 FX4 pickup yesterday, $74.00. Wife's taking a trip today. She won't need gas for quite a while, the trip meter said 815 miles to empty!! Truck's getting a bit over 22mpg.

Best I've seen this week is $2.439 at the local Rutters in Mechanicsburg (near my work). I get a $0.03 discount for using my "Rutters Reward Card"). A whole 30 cents per fill-up ($2.409/gal woo-hoo). How much energy do I expend to remove the card from my wallet and put it back in...At least it is going down and not up. I figured it would hit $2.999 by Labor Day, maybe not?

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back