Gas Price Watch

Help Support Wine Making Talk:

ibglowin

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I thought it would be interesting to track and see what people are paying for a gallon of gas in other parts of the country. Gas prices have been falling like a rock the last couple of weeks especially. We went to Albuquerque today to make a Costco run.

We filled up for $2.76 a gallon for regular unleaded! :r

buffalofrenchy

Reaction score
Buffalo NY... I think it's around $3.60 but I don't pay attention as I drive a plug in hybrid and re-fill every 1000 miles during the winter (due to heating the car) and 2700 miles this past summer but I fully charge the car every day.

Boatboy24

No longer a newbie, but still clueless.
Reaction score
There's an election coming soon. :)

We dropped below $3.00 ($2.92 for cash/debit) at my local the other day, though my 'neighborhood gas station' is typically well below average for most of the DC area.

I don't think I've seen sub-$3.00 gas since Katrina. But man, it wasn't long before that when gas was below $1.

Rocky

Chronologically Gifted Member
WMT Supporter
Reaction score
Mike, here in central Ohio we are paying about $3.00 for regular unleaded. We dipped down to $2.90 last week. The prices bounce up and down weekly. I try to buy on Monday thru Wednesday. The prices frequently seem to jump toward the weekend.

pjd

Wine Lover
Reaction score
Still $3.49 per gallon here, I typically have to buy around 2,000 gallons per month. I sure miss the $1.85 days!

Runningwolf

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Reaction score
N.W. PA were paying between 3.15 and $3.39

Deezil

Reaction score
Not sure about the local gas prices, but I know oil just hit something like a 3-year low... Oil prices are usually two - three weeks behind the prices at the pump, so get ready for them to keep dropping a bit more yet.

Not that its going to stay there, but...

acorn

Reaction score
It's $3.60 a gallon in NYC alright. It gets to over $4.00 per gallon in the downtown. Still, it's the cheapest it has for the past couple of years at this time of year.

Edit: also, if you wish to track the gas prices, stats and gasoline trivia, check out GasBuddy website. Through them I've been able to find a local gas station with consistently lower prices.

Last edited:

Rocky

Chronologically Gifted Member
WMT Supporter
Reaction score
Still $3.49 per gallon here, I typically have to buy around 2,000 gallons per month. I sure miss the $1.85 days!
Phil, I don't miss them near as much as I miss the $.26 per gallon for regular, $.32 per gallon for premium and $.38 per gallon for super premium (like Golden Esso Extra, which I used to use in my '58 Impala. It had 3 2-barrels on a 348 block, and went like poop shot from a cannon!) I really don't think we will ever see those days again.

PamNoir

Reaction score
1.31/litre or 5.24/gallon in Nova Scotia....it could always be worse :)

Primary: Concord grape
Secondary: Apple Berry wine
Bottled: Pinot Noir, Dandelion

Reactions: pjd

ibglowin

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I bought a brand spanking new Ford Expedition Eddie Bauer edition back in 1998. Gas was $1.25 a gallon back then and I drove that vehicle back and forth to work (20 miles daily commute) for almost 10 years until the gas prices got sky high even out here in the Southwest. I still have that old truck and it only just recently turned 100K miles but I only use it as a work vehicle. If it ain't working it is sitting. I refuse to pay $80 to fill it up and only get at best 15 MPG. It is a great vehicle for hauling though. Sits high and ways a couple of TONS. With the seats folded flat you can fit a full sheet of plywood or wallboard flat and still close the tailgate. I just used it to go pick up my fresh grapes from CA via CO and easily fit 8 20G Brutes inside the vehicle. Could fit 9-10 if I wanted to in the back. We switched over to high MPG milage cars little by little over the last 5 years or so.

tonyt

Reaction score
2.98 for me yesterday. No discount for living a couple miles from the countries largest refineries.

sour_grapes

Victim of the Invasion of the Avatar Snatchers
Reaction score
Phil, I don't miss them near as much as I miss the $.26 per gallon for regular, $.32 per gallon for premium and $.38 per gallon for super premium (like Golden Esso Extra, which I used to use in my '58 Impala. It had 3 2-barrels on a 348 block, and went like poop shot from a cannon!) I really don't think we will ever see those days again.
Well, actually, prices today are not so different from those prices.

Considering that oil is a finite resource that we have used a great proportion of since 1958, and that there are now 7 billion people competing for this resource rather than 3 billion (and 310 million in the US rather than 174 million), I'd say that is pretty remarkable.

roger80465

Reaction score
There's an election coming soon. :)
That pretty much says it all. Gas prices always drop before an election to give us all a false sense of security.

Regular is $3.38 in the Denver area and diesel ranges from $3.58 to $3.93. Still rather obscene.

Group Builder