Gas and lots of it!

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

davidj77

Junior
Reaction score
I am on my second attempt at making pineapple wine using fresh pineapple. My first attempt several weeks ago came out quite well especially for somebody that really didy know what the hell they were doing! This time I'm making about a gallon and going strictly by the recipe. I started late Friday night so it's about 2 days now with my first fermentation. The thing is this: I am stirring it as of yesterday, about every 30 minutes up until now. It seems like enough gas is coming out to reinflate the hidenberg! If I didn't keep stirring and releasing the gas, it would have overflown onto my counter. I admit my pineapples are perhaps a little bit riper than they should have been, but it does smell good! So I am wondering, is this anything to worry about?

To get help you really need to provide details about your recipe, measurements taken, (SG readings and pH readings before pitching the yeast..

1) Stirring occasionally (once or twice day AT MOST )- is all that's needed. You wine does not need huge amount of oxygen introduced to it now.

2) IF you are fermenting in a bucket you should not have any overflow issues. If you are fermenting in a carboy - bad idea - move it to a bucket and cover the bucket with a clean cloth like a thin towel or some muslin cloth.

Last edited:
Thank you for the help
I do have it in a stainless steel bucket. However, perhaps it could have been somewhat bigger. Ok, I will take your advice and thanks again.

Latest posts

Back