Garage discovery...Clean carboy or shooting target

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Okie Parrish

Reaction score
found an old glass carboy in my neighbors garage. he didn't know anything about it except that it was full of wine when he got it not sure if it was ever used to store any chemicals or anything it wasnt labeled at all. After washing the filth off, it smells like paint thinner. Idk if a splash of wine left in it and forgot a few years will cause that smell or not.
My question is can it be saved or should I just put it on a stump pull out the ol .270 and practice my shooting for deer season ?
Its glass so it cant absorbe chemicals like plastic so does it matter what its past was like?
If I can get it cleaned it enough and get ride of the turpentine smell can I use it for wine?
If so what's the best way to clean it good as new? Or is it even worth it since its just a 1gallon an I can get a new one for $3.97
This one is old and looks kinda though

if you practice with your 270 just hope a deer can give you that large a target area.
You make a valid point didnt think about it that way....aim small miss small

How about this if I can shoot the neck off at 150 yards that should have me ready

Back