Gallons this year

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

How much wine do you have fermenting or have fermented this year?

• 1 -40 ( Enough to wet your whistle)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 41 - 80 (Enough to let a little age)

• 81 - 120 (Just enough to share some)

• 121- 160 (Now we're getting happy)

• 161 -200 (Red flags have gone up at the ATF)

• Total voters
Im basically the only consumer here anymore except for my honey's occasional glass of black currant or Blueberry Pinot. She used to drink a lot when I first started this wine making "hobby" and I use that word loosely now! I guess it wore off for her but thats good as I couldnt get any wine to age before! Id love to open a place where I can sell it for a living as I love to make wine and dont want to stop but the cellar can only hold so much and I can only drink so much. Anyone know how to do this? I would like to start out of the house but dont think that would be feasible with liquor selling laws and i believe that you have to grow a certain amount of your own fruit to become a winery. If anyone has some ideas Id love to hear them.

I have the same problem Wade.

We have 2 choices really, stop making wine for a while, or start drinking more wine...........................

What's in your glass?

If you make more gallons per year than you're supposed to, you could always relabel and change the year some was made... or you could get rid of the excess evidence by drinking more!
smiley2.gif

I appear to be an outlyer with 200+ gallons going right now, though with racking losses, I should hit the legal limit of 200 gallons. Also, the year is nearly over so it seems like a good time to plan for next year.....
smiley20.gif

Texdoc, that was cheating sneaking in here with 200 gallons all in 1 shot!
smiley36.gif

Since you are registered as a winery what is truly your limit?

Edited by: wade

jobe05 said:
I have the same problem Wade.

We have 2 choices really, stop making wine for a while, or start drinking more wine...........................

What's in your glass?
In my glass right now is the MM Cabernet Sauvignon Fresco, one week old. I actually had more than my six gallon carboy could hold. I had a couple of extra glasses, so I'm sampling at a very young age.

For one week old wine, it was excellent. I can't wait until a year from now, after this Cabernet Sauvignon ages on some oak. I'm very pleased with the MM Fresco.

I've made alittle over forty gallons this year and have wine stuff all over the house except formy bedroom. Where do you all put the stuff? Besides
the amount of room the wine takes up the primary's, carboys, chemicals and other things to maintain this addicting hobby consumes alot of space in my home. I probably doubled my production from the previous year and have reduced it back down due to time available this year.Still maintain a full freezer full of fruit that never seems to go down for long. My hat is off to you all. Not complaining, just wondering how ya do it! Not looking to quit any time soon.

I built a room for all my wine making and another for my sellar in the basement.

I've been having some serious indigestion, which I guess is due to age. The doctor told me to cut back to 3-4 glasses of wine per week. I was thinking of looking up texaserdr as I think he'd give me advice more to my liking given his 200 gallons of wine. If I cut back from two bottles per week to a bottle a week, I'm in serious trouble. I need to find some serious winedrinking friends.My winery isoperating at excess capacity.Edited by: dfwwino

You may have to lower the acid level on future wines so they wont bother you as much.

You can always count on Bert and me as your friends!
smiley36.gif
Don't eat as much when you drink and take an antacid.

132 gals this year, I took over the formal dining room and built a wine cellar for bulk aging and bottle storage.

<TABLE style="WIDTH: 194pt; BORDER-COLLAPSE: collapse" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=258 border=0 x:str>
<COLGROUP>
<COL style="WIDTH: 194pt; mso-width-source: userset; mso-width-alt: 9435" width=258>
<T>
<TR style="HEIGHT: 13.5pt" height=18>
<TD =xl26 style="BORDER-RIGHT: text 0.5pt solid; BORDER-TOP: #ece9d8; BORDER-LEFT: text 0.5pt solid; WIDTH: 194pt; BORDER-BOTTOM: text 0.5pt solid; HEIGHT: 13.5pt; : transparent" width=258 height=18>Napa Valley Stag's Leap District Merlot</TD></TR>
<TR style="HEIGHT: 12.75pt" height=17>
<TD =xl25 style="BORDER-RIGHT: text 0.5pt solid; BORDER-TOP: text; BORDER-LEFT: text 0.5pt solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: text 0.5pt solid; HEIGHT: 12.75pt; : transparent" height=17>Müller-Thurgau</TD></TR>
<TD =xl24 style="BORDER-RIGHT: text 0.5pt solid; BORDER-TOP: text; BORDER-LEFT: text 0.5pt solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: text 0.5pt solid; HEIGHT: 12.75pt; : transparent" height=17>White Grape/Peach</TD></TR>
<TD =xl25 style="BORDER-RIGHT: text 0.5pt solid; BORDER-TOP: text; BORDER-LEFT: text 0.5pt solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: text 0.5pt solid; HEIGHT: 12.75pt; : transparent" height=17>Piesporter</TD></TR>
<TD =xl25 style="BORDER-RIGHT: text 0.5pt solid; BORDER-TOP: text; BORDER-LEFT: text 0.5pt solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: text 0.5pt solid; HEIGHT: 12.75pt; : transparent" height=17>Millennium Sparkling Wine</TD></TR>
<TD =xl25 style="BORDER-RIGHT: text 0.5pt solid; BORDER-TOP: text; BORDER-LEFT: text 0.5pt solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: text 0.5pt solid; HEIGHT: 12.75pt; : transparent" height=17>Joe's Ancient Orange Mead</TD></TR>
<TD =xl25 style="BORDER-RIGHT: text 0.5pt solid; BORDER-TOP: text; BORDER-LEFT: text 0.5pt solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: text 0.5pt solid; HEIGHT: 12.75pt; : transparent" height=17>Grape Juice and Clover Honey (1.062)</TD></TR>
<TD =xl27 style="BORDER-RIGHT: text 0.5pt solid; BORDER-TOP: text; BORDER-LEFT: text 0.5pt solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: text 0.5pt solid; HEIGHT: 12.75pt; : transparent" height=17>La Bodega Port</TD></TR>
<TD =xl25 style="BORDER-RIGHT: text 0.5pt solid; BORDER-TOP: text; BORDER-LEFT: text 0.5pt solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: text 0.5pt solid; HEIGHT: 12.75pt; : transparent" height=17>Oregon Yamhill County Pinot Noir</TD></TR>
<TD =xl27 style="BORDER-RIGHT: text 0.5pt solid; BORDER-TOP: text; BORDER-LEFT: text 0.5pt solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: text 0.5pt solid; HEIGHT: 12.75pt; : transparent" height=17>Blueberrry Pinot Noir</TD></TR>
<TD =xl25 style="BORDER-RIGHT: text 0.5pt solid; BORDER-TOP: text; BORDER-LEFT: text 0.5pt solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: text 0.5pt solid; HEIGHT: 12.75pt; : transparent" height=17>Limted Edition Gewürtraiminer</TD></TR>
<TD =xl25 style="BORDER-RIGHT: text 0.5pt solid; BORDER-TOP: text; BORDER-LEFT: text 0.5pt solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: text 0.5pt solid; HEIGHT: 12.75pt; : transparent" height=17>Bergamais</TD></TR>
<TD =xl27 style="BORDER-RIGHT: text 0.5pt solid; BORDER-TOP: text; BORDER-LEFT: text 0.5pt solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: text 0.5pt solid; HEIGHT: 12.75pt; : transparent" height=17>Peach Apricot Chardonnay</TD></TR>
<TD =xl27 style="BORDER-RIGHT: text 0.5pt solid; BORDER-TOP: text; BORDER-LEFT: text 0.5pt solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: text 0.5pt solid; HEIGHT: 12.75pt; : transparent" height=17>Cabernet Franc Red Icewine Style</TD></TR>
<TD =xl28 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #ece9d8; BORDER-TOP: #ece9d8; BORDER-LEFT: #ece9d8; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ece9d8; HEIGHT: 12.75pt; : transparent" height=17>Outback Chardonnay with raisins (23l)</TD></TR>
<TD =xl27 style="BORDER-RIGHT: text 0.5pt solid; BORDER-TOP: text; BORDER-LEFT: text 0.5pt solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: text 0.5pt solid; HEIGHT: 12.75pt; : transparent" height=17>Strawberry White Merlot</TD></TR>
<TD =xl27 style="BORDER-RIGHT: text 0.5pt solid; BORDER-TOP: text; BORDER-LEFT: text 0.5pt solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: text 0.5pt solid; HEIGHT: 12.75pt; : transparent" height=17>Orange Chocolate Port</TD></TR>
<TD =xl25 style="BORDER-RIGHT: text 0.5pt solid; BORDER-TOP: text; BORDER-LEFT: text 0.5pt solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: text 0.5pt solid; HEIGHT: 12.75pt; : transparent" height=17>Chocolate Rasberry Port</TD></TR>
<TD =xl27 style="BORDER-RIGHT: text 0.5pt solid; BORDER-TOP: text; BORDER-LEFT: text 0.5pt solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: text 0.5pt solid; HEIGHT: 12.75pt; : transparent" height=17>German Rielsing Traminer</TD></TR>
<TD =xl25 style="BORDER-RIGHT: text 0.5pt solid; BORDER-TOP: text; BORDER-LEFT: text 0.5pt solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: text 0.5pt solid; HEIGHT: 12.75pt; : transparent" height=17>Washington Reserve Late Harvest Riesling</TD></TR>
<TD =xl25 style="BORDER-RIGHT: text 0.5pt solid; BORDER-TOP: text; BORDER-LEFT: text 0.5pt solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: text 0.5pt solid; HEIGHT: 12.75pt; : transparent" height=17>Chocolate Mead</TD></TR>
<TD =xl24 style="BORDER-RIGHT: text 0.5pt solid; BORDER-TOP: text; BORDER-LEFT: text 0.5pt solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: text 0.5pt solid; HEIGHT: 12.75pt; : transparent" height=17>Black Currant (2 cans)</TD></TR>
<TD =xl24 style="BORDER-RIGHT: text 0.5pt solid; BORDER-TOP: text; BORDER-LEFT: text 0.5pt solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: text 0.5pt solid; HEIGHT: 12.75pt; : transparent" height=17>Black Currant (2 cans + raisins + tannins)</TD></TR>
<TD =xl24 style="BORDER-RIGHT: text 0.5pt solid; BORDER-TOP: text; BORDER-LEFT: text 0.5pt solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: text 0.5pt solid; HEIGHT: 12.75pt; : transparent" height=17>Frozen Muscato</TD></TR>
<TD =xl24 style="BORDER-RIGHT: text 0.5pt solid; BORDER-TOP: text; BORDER-LEFT: text 0.5pt solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: text 0.5pt solid; HEIGHT: 12.75pt; : transparent" height=17>Frozen Vihno Verde</TD></TR>
<TD =xl24 style="BORDER-RIGHT: text 0.5pt solid; BORDER-TOP: text; BORDER-LEFT: text 0.5pt solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: text 0.5pt solid; HEIGHT: 12.75pt; : transparent" height=17>Ice Wine</TD></TR>
<TD =xl27 style="BORDER-RIGHT: text 0.5pt solid; BORDER-TOP: text; BORDER-LEFT: text 0.5pt solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: text 0.5pt solid; HEIGHT: 12.75pt; : transparent" height=17>Cabernet Franc Red Icewine Style</TD></TR></T></TABLE>

Nice wine list Coaster....

You guys got my curiosity up...so I looked through my notebook...122 gallons made and bottled this year...Guess we are "Getting Happy Now"

Now I can't count the wine I bottled this year that was mixed up last year????...nor can I count the wines I have just mixed up and will be bottled next year right....so I am just in the 'Happy Crowd".

Since this year is almost gone how about a new poll to see how busy ya'll have been? And how much fun you been having!

I will make the LEGAL max. That being 200 gallons.

Latest posts

Back