Gallon glass jugs

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've found about 3 of them so far at my local goodwill. They came in a Brooklynbrew beer kit. Two of the kits came with unopened packaging and non expired yeast so I made them. $4 to $7 each. They were quite good. I use the Rossi jugs as well. They're perfect for reracking from the slightly larger gallon size.

Does anyone know a good place to get gallon glass jugs?
My wife was drinking Carlo Rossi burgandy in nice green gallons before I started making wine so we started saving the bottles. By the time I was making enuf wine stop buying it we had about 30 of them which we still use. Great bottles. At that time, the Carlo Rossi was about $10/gal at our Walmart. I think it's up to about $14 now, but it's still not much more than buying new bottles and you get a gallon of ok wine with the deal. I saw some empties at our local flea market for $10 each!

My wife was drinking Carlo Rossi burgandy in nice green gallons before I started making wine so we started saving the bottles. By the time I was making enuf wine stop buying it we had about 30 of them which we still use. Great bottles. At that time, the Carlo Rossi was about $10/gal at our Walmart. I think it's up to about $14 now, but it's still not much more than buying new bottles and you get a gallon of ok wine with the deal. I saw some empties at our local flea market for $10 each!
My grocery store did not have Carlo Rossi in gallon jugs. I will check Walmart. Thank you for contacting me.

Does anyone know a good place to get gallon glass jugs?
Last Year I found 1 gallon or 4-liter glass jugs on the FB marketplace. I'm not sure if people still can sell jugs there. FB took down my ad I put up about two empty large 1-gallon jugs. FB police Said it violated rules. I didn't call them sexually descriptive jugs or use any incorrect PC verbiage about the large jugs. I did say they didn't have any cracks in them. They don't like people selling garden stuff like garden hoe either. I usually shop on FB or Craigslist, or wine forums for wine-making stuff.

Last Year I found 1 gallon or 4-liter glass jugs on the FB marketplace. I'm not sure if people still can sell jugs there. FB took down my ad I put up about two empty large 1-gallon jugs. FB police Said it violated rules. I didn't call them sexually descriptive jugs or use any incorrect PC verbiage about the large jugs. I did say they didn't have any cracks in them. They don't like people selling garden stuff like garden hoe either. I usually shop on FB or Craigslist, or wine forums for wine-making stuff.
Thanks for your comment. The other jugs you mentioned aren't bad either!😂

Latest posts

Back