Finer Wine Kit FWK freezer temp?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brant

Supporting Members
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just started my blueberry FWK and I noticed in the instruction manual that Matteo mentions not storing the juice a freezer colder than -10F. Anyone have any idea why this would be. I currently have 4 other kits being stored in my deep freeze that averages around -11F but swings between 0F and -20F.

Part of me thinks it shouldn't be a problem but then part of me wonders why it would be in the instructions.

Any ideas?

Call me ignorant, but I think frozen is frozen. 🤷‍♂️

I think you will be fine.

I used to have a car where the idiot lights would come on all the time. I fixed it with electrical tape over the lights. Maybe you should just take a jiffy and black out that line.

Problem solved! 🤣

If the kit has some grape content the tartaric acid could be crystallizing into bitartrate.
If FWK has several flavors with grape they could be “uniform” and not redo each instruction sheet.
Blueberry fruit is largely citric acid, with blueberry purée it doesn’t make sense. Frozen is frozen.

Yeah, seemed odd to me and non-issue. I acutally assumed the colder, the better. If someone gave me the option of normal fridge/freezer or deep freezer, I would pick deep freeze. But then I often find out that my assumptions are wrong.

Back