Other FWK date

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That appears to be what's stamped on the bag.

Was it for a Finer wine? They weren't even around then, right?

Check with Label Peelers, Matteo.

That appears to be what's stamped on the bag.

Was it for a Finer wine? They weren't even around then, right?

Check with Label Peelers, Matteo.
I have a call in to them. Waiting for Alek to return my call. I made a FWK in April and the date on the bag was 11/21 - 11/22

Are you reading this the same way I am? Jan. 2, 2018?
Yes, that or the way most of the rest of the world arranges dates, Feb 1 2018. But it could be the date the bag itself was manufactured.
But even IF the bag were filled with concentrate on that date AND kept in a deep freeze it would still be good when thawed provided there was little if any O2 inside and the bag is impermeable to O2.

Yes, that or the way most of the rest of the world arranges dates, Feb 1 2018. But it could be the date the bag itself was manufactured.
But even IF the bag were filled with concentrate on that date AND kept in a deep freeze it would still be good when thawed provided there was little if any O2 inside and the bag is impermeable to O2.
The arrival of the kit was disappointing. The juice was in the low 70’s as the insulated bag was wide open and the cap was extremely loose. In addition to that they neglected to include the oak cubes and muslin bags for the double pack skins. This is not the first time I’ve had issues with Label Peeler orders. Five hours ago I called questioning the date. Still waiting for a callback from Alek.

Any updates on this saga
It turns out the date printed on the bag is when the bag itself was manufactured. The juice was only a few weeks old. I made the kit and it went through fermentation just fine. I have had several conversations with both Alek and Matt about packaging. They are working on different options to make sure the kits arrive safely.

The arrival of the kit was disappointing. The juice was in the low 70’s as the insulated bag was wide open and the cap was extremely loose. In addition to that they neglected to include the oak cubes and muslin bags for the double pack skins. This is not the first time I’ve had issues with Label Peeler orders. Five hours ago I called questioning the date. Still waiting for a callback from Alek.
The only FWK kits I ordered came without the oak and several of the additives. Label Peelers sent the adjuncts right away. Good service but a little troubling that it wasn't correct at the start. I supposed since the juice is kept cold, they pack the kits at time of shipping where other kits are pre-packaged. More room for error with the FWK kits.

Hmm, I have purchased at least 22 FWK kits, plus several WE kits from LP and never had an issue with shipping or packing.
It’s been a very hot summer I will admit; even for upstate NY. Had a FWK shipped and the bag was bloated and very warm. It was shipped in a styrofoam cooler. It’s beyond my understanding why they don’t pack dry ice in the cooler. After all Omaha Steaks has been shipping meat for decades without issue. I contacted Label Peelers and they sent another kit immediately.

Wineview - sounds like FedEx dropped the ball. I was not home for one delivery and the guy decided not to leave it in the sun, so he kept it for the next day's delivery. Next day the concentrate was still cool, no bloating, and the wine turned out fine. This was on consecutive 105* South Texas days. That's why I said that I bet FedEx was at fault.

Wineview - sounds like FedEx dropped the ball. I was not home for one delivery and the guy decided not to leave it in the sun, so he kept it for the next day's delivery. Next day the concentrate was still cool, no bloating, and the wine turned out fine. This was on consecutive 105* South Texas days. That's why I said that I bet FedEx was at fault.
Could be that it was in a hot warehouse and hot truck

Back