Other FWK Blackberry

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

silverbullet07

Reaction score
I’m starting a FWK Blackberry and after adding pack A, I measured the PH and it is only 3.07. I. Think I should add a little calcium carbonate to raise it a little? I did calibrated the ph meter.

Last edited:
That's weird. Did you add water to 6 gallons? I started a blackberry Finer kit last week and the pH was 3.55. It was 2 gallons of concentrate to 4 gallons of added water. I am actually going to add acid to mine to drop it - significantly. If you plan to sweeten, I'd let it go at 3.07. As stated by Bryan, the sugar will balance out the acid. A local winemaker here makes a sweet cranberry at 2.7 pH. It is very good!

Checked the SG this morning before pitching yeast and it was at SG 1.104. I am at the 6 gal mark and afraid to go any higher in my 7.9 gal bucket. Let’s see how low she goes.

Checked the SG this morning before pitching yeast and it was at SG 1.104. I am at the 6 gal mark and afraid to go any higher in my 7.9 gal bucket. Let’s see how low she goes.
My Blackberry and Strawberry are at 1.100 or just under, a bit higher than I expected. But I'm ok with that.

Back