Fusion power break through scam

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

wood1954

Supporting Member
Reaction score
All the news channels are trumpeting a huge breakthrough in fusion power. How many times will we hear this. Lawrence Livermore lab said it’s still a decade away. I’ve been hearing that my entire life. I’m almost 70, is this the biggest science scam ever? A British company has a model where they pulse the fusion and recover the heat from each pulse and they don’t need the most power fuel and complex magnets ever built. They say their first plant will be commercially running by 2030, meanwhile generations of American scientists will keep saying 10 more years.

All the news channels are trumpeting a huge breakthrough in fusion power. How many times will we hear this. Lawrence Livermore lab said it’s still a decade away. I’ve been hearing that my entire life. I’m almost 70, is this the biggest science scam ever? A British company has a model where they pulse the fusion and recover the heat from each pulse and they don’t need the most power fuel and complex magnets ever built. They say their first plant will be commercially running by 2030, meanwhile generations of American scientists will keep saying 10 more years.

Which are you saying is the scam? The Livermore results or the British "model"?

I imagine that you didn't have loved ones die, intubated.
I only know one person that suffered more than the symptoms of the common cold with all my family living in Vancouver. Friends and family in old age homes, contacts in the Maldives, US, Denmark, and all over Canada. We got calls that relatives were being told AB was in serious trouble, while we were being told the same about them, but they were as unaware as we were. I know many in the medical industry that were on stand by as the media was reporting a completely over run system.

Not to mention when Canadians challenged their officials, they used the emergencies act to shut down peaceful protests. Yet, the news reported nazi's and hate, while private video's showed only solidarity.

Somehow, weeks later the GOV, decided to lift the bans on their own and everything went back to normal. Like it never happened.

As I said I'm not here to pick a fight, and this topic is very polarized, But did you, or are you just challenging my statement with the fatality of yours?

Last edited:
I only know one person that suffered more than the symptoms of the common cold with all my family living in Vancouver. Friends and family in old age homes, contacts in the Maldives, US, Denmark, and all over Canada. We got calls that relatives were being told AB was in serious trouble, while we were being told the same about them, but they were as unaware as we were. I know many in the medical industry that were on stand by as the media was reporting a completely over run system.

Not to mention when Canadians challenged their officials, they used the emergencies act to shut down peaceful protests. Yet, the news reported nazi's and hate, while private video's showed only solidarity.

Somehow, weeks later the GOV, decided to lift the bans on their own and everything went back to normal. Like it never happened.

As I said I'm not here to pick a fight, and this topic is very polarized, But did you, or are you just challenging my statement with the fatality of yours?
I lost a friend in his 50s who was otherwise healthy, almost lost another who was in fantastic shape and luckily survived after needing to be intubated for two weeks, a friend lost her sister, other friends lost parents ... yeah, it is real here.

My vote is covid... No science involved in all that shut us down. Just projections, but I'm not here to start a fight. ;)
I was going to mention that also but I thought one target on my back was enough for now.
Both are good examples of run amuck insanity. The Dutch plan to close 3,000 farms to save the planet - producing less food is a brilliant solution. And the World Economic Forum thinks we should reduce the cat and dog population by a couple million because of their carbon footprint (paw print). And I especially like the suggestions to remove all CO2 from the atmosphere - never mind that it's just a little bit necessary for life.
And covid? Polarizing is right! Yet another study came out this week proving N95 masks don't do a darn thing. Both topics have that in common - if the science (real science) is inconvenient it's just ignored. I could go on....and on...but I don't want to pick a fight either. And besides, I have some SG readings to take and some stirring to do.

I'm not sure the latest news about fusion power is a scam, the scientists are being very cautious to say, yes we did get a net energy gain from our new process, but it needs to be a much larger gain to be economically feasible. That seems like it is quite reasonable to report, since it is the first time something more than a momentary gain has been observed. From what I read, they discovered that some new process had positive effects, will it be economically feasible, who knows. You are correct that some are trumpeting this is here now, but not the folks who should be listened to.

I heard about this infusion bombardment 20 years ago in France. and they said then if anything happened to the reactor it could produce a black hole on this planet, and that was then,\.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back