Fungicide application rate ?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rpdranc

Reaction score
Will someone assist w fungicide application rate? I have attached product chart. Not sure how many ounces to use with my 3 gallon back pack sprayer. I’d like to use it before using my 50 gallon tank so I know exactly how much I need, 4th year and I hv never sprayed anything before!

I have 960 square feet to be sprayed, 120 vines.(5 rows 75 ftx5’ & 5 rows 120x5)

Thanks!!!39F09787-48EC-41C9-BE16-0F8BE124B39D.jpegFB3F36A0-F029-45AC-B15A-FF7FB1042B5B.jpeg

First you need to decide at what rate per acre you want to use for grapes. Reading further into the label, it recommends 1.2 to 3.2 qts. per acre depending if your east or west of the Rockies. So, if you decide to use the 2 qt.per acre rate, the label states how much to use per gallon. Follow the 2 qt. rate for 1 gal. and 2 gals. Add them together for 3 gals; e.g. 1.3 +.6= 1.8 oz. per 3 gal. tank. I spray a similar number of vines and typically use 20 gals. in my sprayer. If I used the 2 qt. rate, I would use the 10 gal. (6.4oz.) amount X 2 = 12.8 oz.. However, all this is dependent on your sprayer and the growth stages of the vines. More foliage requires more spray. I would recommend using water and spray your grape vines to determine how many gallons you use. Keep in mind that a 3 gallon back pack sprayer and a 50 gal. rig will probably use a different amount per vine; e.g. different pressures and nozzles.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back