Fruit Wines

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tom

Reaction score
OK it's fruit season.
What do you have fermenting.
What do you plan on fermenting.
So far I have aging all in 6 gallon batches;
Blueberry
Strawberry-Kiwi
Apricot
Pineapple
Apple-Peach-Passion Fruit
Peach (2)
Mixed Fruit
Orange mango
On radar
Blackberry
Raspberry
Maybe Bananna

Apricot.
Mixed Fruit.
Carrot.
Plum.
Lime.
Elderberry.
Blackberry.
Rhubarb.
Lemon.
Mead.
About to start:-

More apricot.
Orange.
Apple.
Melomel.

Last edited:
Fermenting about 120 liter (that is 32 gallon) plum.

Waiting for the apples to come in.
That will be in about a month or so.

In between starting elderberry/blackberry, which is still one of my favorites.
Rosehips.

And a freezer clean-out wine.

I am sure something else will come along.........

Luc

Leanne,
Tell us more about your carrot wine. I dont know anyone that has had it yet.
What does it taste like?
Recipe..

My signature contains all my wines. :h

There is a local park/recarea/old farm that has a semi tended orchard. As soon as my truck gets repaired I am going to go and gather some pears and apples.

Crab Apple-6
Raspberry-12
Mullberry/Marionberry-3

Soon
Blackberry
Elderberry
Peach

I've had carrot wine before - it's was pretty good and although it was pale orange in color, it was hard to tell it was carrots. My signature also indicates my current wines - I am prepping 2 - 5 gal batches today. One is SunCal Cabernet concentrate (for my Sangria) and the other is Mango (+ bananas and 1 pineapple) with Riesling concentrate juice.

As soon as I can collect enough bananas, that will be next on the list :)

Blueberry
blackberry
blackberry/loquat
muscadine

Dave,

what else have you blended with loquats?.. is it a 50/50 blend?.. They grow wild here and apart from chutney.. most people just eat them fresh.

I'd be interested in any recipes you care to share.

Allie

3 gallons of "raspberry-blueberry-apple" whatever you wanna call it tates pretty good though
1 gallon test batch of mead(dont know if ill like it or not so only 1 gallon)

thats it except the apple i made from juice

NOT much at this point,6gals. new jersey peaches,3 gals. of peach apricot,black current (5) and strawberry(5) sharaz 15gals. (18lbs.grapes with 6gals.fresh juice), (6gals. cab fresh juice with 18lbs grapes), (6gals vonigier with 18lbs. grapes) actually waiting for the italian wine to show......

Allie,
This is my first attempt so I can't offer much insight. I happened to have 3/4gal of loquat juice (not enough for a batch on it's own) and 1 1/2gal of BB juice so I'm giving them a go together. If you've got access to a steam juicer that makes it so much easier to deal with the loquats.
The health benefits derived from the seeds and leaves of the loquat are astounding.

Cheers

Last edited:
Peaches are finally here over in Ct. and I reseached around and found a pick you own for $.99 lb. Probably next weekend Ill get enough for a 6 gallon batch.

Wade check flea markets or Farmers markets. I dont think .99 is a good price.

We really only have 1 fleamarket around here and there are no fruits there. As for farmers markets they all seem to only be open from 10 am till 2 pm and only on weekdays which is the stupidest thing Ive ever heard but true. People really are stupid. Both me and my wife work during these hours so neither can get to them. That was the cheapest one and most were $170ish area, 1 was even $1.99 lb. Maybe its this years prices around here as we didnt have a great year here, most gardens didnt produce any tomatoes or peppers and even raspeberries that were not wild did very lousy.

Well the you really DO NOT want to know what I paid for about 160# of Peaches.
Now, lets see what I can get in the next few weeks..

You told me what you paid and it makes me sick with envy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

peaches

well I got my peaches in 58lb boxs for $20.oo per box fresh from the peach farm in mulllica hill area,at least I know they were picked that morning because in call the order in and the owner said they were in the process of picking them this morning,,,softball size fruit almost ready let them set two days on the table and ready for processing...SEEWTTTTTTTTTTT

Latest posts

Back