Fruit Wines

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wish i could get those prices but here in Ct everything is more expensive, this damn state! :(

My apricot tree went crazy this year. I'm ending up with enough apricot wine and preserves to last for years............well...........a long time.............maybe.

The fruit trees around here have small harvests this year due to it being too dry. The berries on the other hand are going crazy?! Now we are picking some sort of black berry that has come on after the dewberries. It is similar but tiny?? It tastes great and is going in with the dewberry batch. Up to 10+ lbs now, enough for a gallon anyway.
In secondary : Mixed berry (still), strawberry, blueberry, mulberry. Up next is pear, dewberry, black raspberry, red raspberry and on and on !!! I need help.
Oh forgot Concord and maybe wild grape!!

Last edited:
Heres what is going on lately. From left to right is 3g Mulberry/Marionberry, in back of that is a 5g Chilean grapes blend of Zin/Cab, back is 6g of Banana/Pineapple Voignier, in front is 6g Crab apple with a small bottle of top up next to that that looks like Pepto, 2 6g's of Raspberry in the back and then 3 gallons of Dandelion on the extreme right.
Picture-2.jpg

That Bananna is super clear. Whan did you make it?

The banana was a kit wasn't it Wade?.. am waiting for your report on that one as I'm able to order that here.

Allie

That was a kit but my banana from fruit cleared as nice a few years ago. That is the Banana Pineapple Voignier Orchard Breezin RJS kit and it tastes awesome and the abv was upped with 3 3/4 lbs of sugar to an sg of 1.088 I believe.

I have honestly never used a kit. I've always made from scratch. Are they really that good? Should I give them a try?:?

My apple trees are catching my devious eye now. Again a great harvest this year. We've had a wet summer (wet?? In England?? Huh??) so the fruit is abounding here.
I'm thinking some spiced apple is on the horizen. Yummmm.
Oh........I might eat one or two too.

Last edited:
By all means try a upper end one. What kits are available by you?

I have no idea to be honest. I've never even considered it until now. Might be fun to try. I'll try anything once, twice if it's good. :)

What would you be looking for if you did as that would make a diffrence.

Fruit wines or shoud i call them dessert wines of Turkey

Turkish fruit wines are sweater than us fruit wines, I kind of liked it...Its like desert wines of Germany. If you like to tast turkish fruit wines try KAVIST website.cheers

Dave,

what else have you blended with loquats?.. is it a 50/50 blend?.. They grow wild here and apart from chutney.. most people just eat them fresh.

I'd be interested in any recipes you care to share.

Allie

Right now all i have is scupernong about ready to go,

Latest posts

Back