Fruit Packs Values

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You need to look at Walker's fruit juices , excellent base product. Excellent.
Crandberry tart with a little sweetness at the back end.
Real crandberry wine.
Joe, after an earlier recommendation of yours I called Walker's. They only make juices. Wouldn't a vendor that makes puree' or "fruit base" be more concentrated in flavor? Your thoughts please.

No, because of what your going to do to modify the base, the base is excellent your going to add small package of Ocean spray whole crandberries, sauteed down with 2 cups of the base wine,that's the difference , you may want to backsweeten a little I didn't.tart up from slight sweetness in the background.
I'll post it.

No, because of what your going to do to modify the base, the base is excellent your going to add small package of Ocean spray whole crandberries, sauteed down with 2 cups of the base wine,that's the difference , you may want to backsweeten a little I didn't.tart up from slight sweetness in the background.
I'll post it.

I'll post it.
Thanks. You will post it on this thread? I didn't understand the "sauteed down" on your post??

Take a look at making an fpac it's another one of my threads yes I'll post

Walkers fruit juices.....

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 14
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 14
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 14
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 13
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 12
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 13
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 13
  • 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 13
  • 9.jpg
    9.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 13
  • 10.jpg
    10.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 13
WALKERS PHASE#2.................... same process as the pear just a different fruit juice. Walkers is always spot on.

Attachments

• 11.jpg
    11.jpg
    29.6 KB · Views: 11
  • 12.jpg
    12.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 10
  • 13.jpg
    13.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 10
  • 14.jpg
    14.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 9
  • 15.jpg
    15.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 9
  • CLEARIN PEAR WINE 003.jpg
    CLEARIN PEAR WINE 003.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 10
  • crandberri03.jpg
    crandberri03.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 11
  • crandberry 02.jpg
    crandberry 02.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 11
Not sure if this is the right place to ask this question. Do F-packs in kits have sulphite or sorbate in them? (are they fermentable?)
I always add 1/2 the f-pack to the primary along with 4lbs of sugar and it’s still sweet, but the wife likes them.

That's probably the plastic container weight I. Volume , they don't ship fruit that I know of.
Mr. Joe have you ever tried the concentrates from www.homewinery.com the say each makes 5 gallons , but that is watery so for 2# 6 gal carboys i use 3 concentrates, since i'm losing so much ground on my last foot, i have mostly quit picking and started buying,
Richard

Know, I started with Walker's and stayed with them their the best why go elsewhere.
The fruit wines finish just fine at least I think so.

You need to look at Walker's fruit juices , excellent base product. Excellent.
Crandberry tart with a little sweetness at the back end.
Real crandberry wine.
Thanks for the info, Joe. I checked out their website and it's filled with a lot of useful (to me) tips as well. I'll definitely try out their product once I'm through my current supplies.

Know, I started with Walker and stayed with them their the best why go elsewhere.
The fruit wines finish just fine at least I think so.
i got about a week to go, and i'll be sipping on your vino, can't wait,lol , my faucet on my 3 basin sink blew out, was murder to replumb, getting old,i knew she was giving up the ghost, had new faucets plus vertical adapter to set on my stainless backsplash been sitting for about 4 months ready for it,,,, peeled, cleaned and got ready 8 cases of bottles, going to clean them all so got about another 4 cases with my labels on them. i'll give Walkers a try after i've gone through what's in my freezer, about 8 more carboys worth,,,,,, fixing to remove my 2# 14 gallon fermenter barrels and bring in 2 more 40 gal barrels so i'll have 3 of the larger fermenters
have a great day Mr. Joe
Dawg

Well @hounddawg , it’s certain that you’ve been able to learn and adopt at least a few new ways, after all, I’m sure the old timers who taught you back in the day weren’t using 18V Cordless Dewalt Drills to stir their must, they were probably using young hounddawgs, I’d suspect................ LOL!!
Having made fpacks, I too prefer the fruit flavor from the fermented fresh fruit over the cooked fruit, but that’s just me.....
i never caught this before you saying that f-pack's are boiled or cooked, and yes i am set in my ways, but the more i learn the more my set ways change Dawg

You are right ...... don’t know much but I satisfy myself... lol
hey i know even less, i look at learning like this,,,,, an old man an a old woman decided, they had learned it all so they talked and agreed that since they knew it all they would go to bed and wait for death, while in bed the old man heard someone beating on the front door so he opened it the door an there was a bad blizzard going on, at the door was a young girl, she said sir sorry to bother you but our fire has went out can i get some coals from your fire the old man said yes but told here he did not have a coal bucket, the young girl said that's ok, , , she walked to the fire and filled her hand with ash, then put several coal on the ash, then she placed more ash over the coals, clamped her other hand over it told the old man thank you and out the door she shot, the old man closed the door then hollered old woman get up we ain't learned it all yet, so if your living your still learning,
Dawg

Joe, after an earlier recommendation of yours I called Walker's. They only make juices. Wouldn't a vendor that makes puree' or "fruit base" be more concentratedf only in flavor? Your thoughts please.
you get a chance try homewinery.com now homewinery.com says one concentrate to 5 gallon, and that is not true , they reduce the water from concentrates, and are cheaper than Walkers , but either order 3 concentrates to 12 gal water you'll then have near 13&1/2 gallons, or if doing a 6 you can call order a 1/2 gal concentrate plus to extra pints add to 6 gal water you'll have 6&1/2 gallon, the six in the carboy and the extra 2 pints for topping off,
i've not tried walkers yet but joe and sour_grapes swear by them, so after i harvest my elderberries and see what is left empty i am going to try them, because sour_grapes and joe know more about wines then i ever will know, homewinery.com sells 53 concentrates ,, some are them tradishial wines but about half are fruits and berries, darlarms uses them, ask his opinion about homewinery.com ,,
Dawg

Latest posts

Back