Fruit Packs Values

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You said it good..............................
Robert i hate to mention this and i'm sure they are wrong, but i heard you did not know what good sweet country wines but i took up for you, so please just to satisfy any doublts at all... please send me 4 cases of everything, your trustworthy friend,, snicker,,,,,
Dawg

Hounddawg, text me your address I'll send you a pear, or peach or blackcurrant.you pick.my treat.

Rice Guy,,,,,,,,???????? explain.

I am not @Rice_Guy , but I think he was trying to address @akron 's query about whether commercial f-packs were fermentable, by citing an example where an acquaintance unwittingly did exactly that, viz., fermented an f-pack.

Last edited:
I am not @Rice_Guy , but I think he was trying to address @akron 's query about whether commercial f-packs were fermentable, but citing an example where an acquaintance unwittingly did exactly that, viz., fermented an f-pack.
heck one of these days i need to try a kit so i would know something about what yawl are talking about, even a little bit of what yawl are talking about, are kits grape only, or at least a desert wine of some ,,,
Dawg

Rice Guy,,,,,,,,???????? explain.
@sour_grapes was correct, I gave the neighbor a kit I won at the vinters Christmas party, it had the basic large bag for the primary and a smaller bag for finished flavoring. He just opened the box and started dumping into a primary.
Not sure if this is the right place to ask this question. Do F-packs in kits have sulphite or sorbate in them? (are they fermentable?)
There is no need to put sorbate in an F-pack. They are a concentrated juice/ syrup where the water activity is high enough that mold, yeast and bacteria can not grow. Meta has a different roles in protecting flavor in processing and storage therefore I would expect it to be added.

Yes Joe, seems the thread has wandered:ot:

heck one of these days i need to try a kit so i would know something about what yawl are talking about, even a little bit of what yawl are talking about, are kits grape only, or at least a desert wine of some ,,,
Dawg
I haven’t fermented a kit either.
They basically remove water from one or more juices which the purchaser adds back at fermentation time. They typically have two small packets with bentonite for clarification and sorbate to prevent refermentation.
The ones I have been impressed with (when judging) have knock your Sox off aroma as chocolate raspberry. Soooo if you get one consider chocolate.

Ha you like 🍬 candy, Good flavor interesting combo's made a few.thete great for competition .

Nice conversation đź‘Ť
Joe when i started back was about 2012, joined here in 2014, at first it was
incredibly hard to wait for aging, but i am a natural born patience person,first batch aged 2 years, my but Joe after seeing well your color, well it is killing me to wait to after bottle shock, i make a fair amount of blackberry, but dang joe you've really raised a personal bar for me, not to match anyone, nor to compete with anyone, and i have very good color and polished very fine, but dang sir, but well i held your blackberry to a 100 watt light bulb, unbelievable color, that light did not shine thru and your bottles was flint/clear. and another thing i have debated with myself on cranberry, no more when i get a empty carboy or two cranberry has been decided on,
Dawg

You need to look at Walker's fruit juices , excellent base product. Excellent.
Crandberry tart with a little sweetness at the back end.
Real crandberry wine.

Latest posts

Back