Fruit of BC Wine Brewlog (rhubarb crabapple blueberry grape)

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Northerngal

Reaction score
To start with:
1800g crabapple concentrate (slowly simmered and mashed crabapples in water)
3000g rhubarb (frozen thawed, chopped)
2300g blueberries (frozen thawed)
2L apple juice (W Family)
1.36L "Blueberry Harvest" juice (Sunrype)
5.44L white grape juice (W Family)
60mL lemon juice
"Banana Soup" made from 10 bananas and 4 peels.

So, altogether 15.65 lbs of fruit and 2.34gal of juice for the imperials out there ;)

Haven't added sugar or taken SG or PH yet. Will update when I do (fruit is still thawing).

I'm guessing the crabapple and blueberry are going to pretty much take over on the flavor. the others should add a little, tho. If I was doing this one, would thaw the rest out, add your sugar, ck ph and let er rip.
Good luck with it, Arne.

Arne they probably will. This is a 3gal batch of what I had left over from my jam and jelly making. The plan is to flavour with a rhubarb fpac next spring.

OG 1054
pH 3.2
TA 0.6%

.Think I would make sure and use plenty of pectic enzime. Might have a bit of trouble clearing if the pectins set when you simmered the crabapples. Pectic enzime should help tho. The clean the freezer projects are fun and you can come up with some really good wines. Arne.

To start with:
1800g crabapple concentrate (slowly simmered and mashed crabapples in water)
3000g rhubarb (frozen thawed, chopped)
2300g blueberries (frozen thawed)
2L apple juice (W Family)
1.36L "Blueberry Harvest" juice (Sunrype)
5.44L white grape juice (W Family)
60mL lemon juice
"Banana Soup" made from 10 bananas and 4 peels.

So, altogether 15.65 lbs of fruit and 2.34gal of juice for the imperials out there ;)

Haven't added sugar or taken SG or PH yet. Will update when I do (fruit is still thawing).
My god it sounds like a meal for a thousand not a wine recipe but good luck anyway let us all know how it turned out.

My god it sounds like a meal for a thousand not a wine recipe but good luck anyway let us all know how it turned out.

Haha

15lbs of frui.t in a 3gal batch is reasonable. Don’t let my metric measurements fool you

Latest posts

Back