Fruit cocktail wine

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Winefarm

Junior
Reaction score
I had some a few weeks ago and liked it, so I want to try to make a batch. I don't know who made it, I just had it with some friends out in the "backwoods".
I saw some 30 oz cans today at kroger (kroger brand) and the ingredients list: Diced Peaches, Diced Pears, Water, Corn Syrup, Grapes, Pineapple Segments, Halved Cherries (Artificially colored red), sugar.
I have searched and cannot find any instructions nor do I have any idea how much pectic enzyme, nutrient, campden or no campden, etc. to add.
If anyone can get me going I'd appreciate it. David.

I've found that you can pretty much ferment anything that doesn't have preservatives (and some things that do). How many gallons would you want to make?

Are you sure it was made with canned fruit cocktail? It's possible that the winemaker called it fruit cocktail because it was made with a blend of many fruits that he/she had available to them at the time.

That is a good question MN. I guess I just assumed it was canned. I need to find out.
I do want to make 5 gallons.

I would try a small 1 gallon batch using 3 or 4 of those 30 oz. cans to see how it turns out before making a lot of it.

i made some canned fruit cocktail wine.
i didn't make much (i think this was during my EZCaps days) and it went quick.
i will look for my recipe tomorrow.

Latest posts

Back