Fruit "bomb" kit needed...

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

anthony

Junior
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I'm new to this forum, have been making wine from both kits and local fruits for about 10 years, and need a recommendation.

I am partial to "Old World" red wines and have been making mostly Italian varieties that suit my preference for "tar and leather"-type wines. My wife has never had a problem with drinking to my taste, but has recently asked if I could make a kit that was more "New World" and fruit forward. So I'm asking for suggestions from others about a low-to-medium priced red-wine kit that you've made that will give me such results. Variety is not important though I'm thinking that a decent Pinot Noir should fit the bill. But I'm open to anything. Thanks in advance for your replies.

Anthony

I'm making a Selection White Merlot kit right now.
To me, it's a very nice blend that doesen't get too sweet.
Only about 90.00 for a 15liter kit.

Welcome Anthony, I havent really run across any fruit bombs in the RJS winery series. They do hae decent amount in a few but nothing that jumps out and smacks your grandma!

Consider a kit no one else is likely to recommend: one from William's Brewing. They make 5-gallon kits that are super easy. The William's Merlot I started Aug. 1, 2008 was really fruity for the first year and is now starting to bring some tannins. It's only $60. They also have a Pinot Noir, a Cab Sauv and a Zin, plus four whites.

Try
www.williamsbrewing.com

Jim

Back