frozen juice

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rob

Reaction score
first time at trying frozen juice, ta is 8 and ph is 3.03 what do you all think-Sauvignon Blanc

if Ph is 3.03 and not 3.3 i think you should be good.. Ph tends to go up a bit during fermentation, perhaps by .40 or so, so for a white ending up 3.43 is right about in the target zone i think. the lower initial Ph will help SO2 in protecting against browning as well.

TA looks good, 0.90 is prob the upper limit, 0.80 is ok IMHO, some will precipitate out during cold stabilisation and you may see final somewhere in 0.75-0.78 range or so, which i think will make for a bright, clean, refreshing sav blanc. 0.70 is a common "target" for whites but im not a big fan of doing too much futzing around with TA unless it is grossly out of spectrum...

i am assuming you will not be doing malo on this wine...

Where are you getting frozen wine juice? What yeast you using..6 gal?

the juice is comimg from midwest wine and the yeast is Lalvind-47

if the ph is 3.03, either add some carbonate or add water to bring it closer to 3.4. it's going to be too acidic to get a good fermentation with it like it is. i recently made concord wine and it was very acidic. added water till it was 3.35 and left it as it was at the limit for the primary i had (8 gallons). took awhile, but it finally fermented down to .98. just sweetened it to 1.011 and it tastes good.

Latest posts

Back