Frozen Juice Wine Help - Virgin Winemaker

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jhoff74

Junior
Reaction score
I am brand new to wine making and decided to use frozen juice for my first batch. I made a 3 gallon batch of white grape peach in which i cut a 6 gallon recipe in half. My starting SG was 1.110 in the primary. After about 10 days, my SG was .990...so I racked to my secondary. My question now is, what should I be doing or looking for? I understand .990 to mean the fermentation is complete. When should i add the campden, potassium sulfate and the F-Pack? Right now im thinking about 21 days in the secondary and than rack again....any help would greatly be appreciated.

I think you are on track, rack in 3 weeks or month, and add your chems. Think I would leave it alone for another few months, then rack again and see if it is dropping dust or lees. Best thing to add now is time.

I think you are on track, rack in 3 weeks or month, and add your chems. Think I would leave it alone for another few months, then rack again and see if it is dropping dust or lees. Best thing to add now is time.
Thank you. I should also wait to add the two additional cans of fruit juice, to sort of sweeten it or can i do that now?

Don't add those other cans of juice now. Wait (that's the hard part) Add your K-meta (Potassium metabisulfate) to protect the wine. Since it appears you plan on backsweetening you will need to stablize your wine several days before you backsweeten. Right now you just need the K-meta to add enough sO2 to help the alcohol preserve your wine while it ages.

Unless you feel the burning need to consume that young wild and 'green' wine right now. You just need to rack, add the sO2 (K-meta / Campden tablets) and let it age.

Latest posts

Back