Frozen grapes

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jterr

Junior
Reaction score
Thought I'd better clarify my other post.

I have approx. 14.1 lbs frozen muskadines and maybe a gal. or 2 frozen juice.I have a 2 1/2 gal. fermenting bucket and 3 1 gal glass jugs with stoppers and airlocks.

How much wine would this make?

Should I get more grapes if possible?

Thanks again

Thought I'd better clarify my other post.

I have approx. 14.1 lbs frozen muskadines and maybe a gal. or 2 frozen juice.I have a 2 1/2 gal. fermenting bucket and 3 1 gal glass jugs with stoppers and airlocks.

How much wine would this make?

Should I get more grapes if possible?

Thanks again

You'll get roughly 1/2 gallon from the grapes, added to your other one or two gallons of juice, 1.25- 2.25 gallons.

Thanks will try and go pick another 10 lbs. tomorrow before they run out.

Yes you can use the 3 jugs. If you have 4 x 1 gal carboys, then you have an extra to transfer into when you rack. But you'll need to spend the winter watching Craigslist for people selling carboys and start collecting your glass. The one gallon stuff will work for odd amounts. Primary buckets don't have to have airlocks. By the time the fermentation slows down enough to need airlocks, you can transfer to carboys. So any 5 gallon food grade bucket could be used for a primary and a towel to keep insects out. You might guess, I'm just giving you grief, suggesting you'll be making 5 or 10 gallons next year.

If you don't mind the number of 1 gallon (or 4 liter) carboys, recycling centers are a great place to pick up free carboys as well as bottles for your wine. I bought 4 - One gallon carboys initially but after enough visits to the recycling center I have about 17 4 liter carboys and a couple more 1 gallon carboys. As for bottles, Just takes a couple of weeks at our local recycling centers to gather enough bottles of any color shape that I want - for free.

As you can tell I know nothing--

in my 2 gal. bucket how many grapes to end up with a gal of (hopefully) wine????

Latest posts

Back