Frozen concentrate!

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lepidgeon

Junior
Reaction score
I was thinking of making a batch of wine from frozen concentrates, but I can only find apple and orange 100% Juice. Would the other juices (not100%) work as well?

You might want to look into frozen fruit. Strawberries, peaches etc.
It is hard to find frozen concentrates as you have found. There are also some bottled concentrates of fruits available as well. (The Ocean Spray ones are however mostly Apple and Grape juices with the Named fruit added in. But several companies bottle concentrated juices without preservatives.

What particular fruit are you looking for?

I was thinking of making a batch of wine from frozen concentrates, but I can only find apple and orange 100% Juice. Would the other juices (not100%) work as well?

Before my winemaking hiatus I made wine from all kind of juice concentrates, mostly Welch's bought at my local Walmart.
The best were Welch's Concord red, Concord white, and Peach (mix of peach and white).
I made apple among others, did not like it.

Currently I can get Welche's red and white at my local Walmart at $2.24 for 11 oz can.
Also some generic red for $1.87, a can I checked sugar on both and the generic was on par with Welch's.

As for "juice coctails" (stuff not 100% juice) I want no part with it as far as wine making is concerned, although some rednecks on U-tube claim they made wine from it.

A little of 100% Orange juice is great for starting and energizing a yeast, it just makes a beast of yeast right from the gate, that's what I use it for.

I am into wine kits now, but to have something to drink before the kit wines mature I just started 5 gal of Welch's red and 5 gal of Welch's white, I also plan to use available Welches juices to help "tweak" cheap Fontana wine kits, following Mr JOE'S on this board.

You might want to look into frozen fruit. Strawberries, peaches etc.
It is hard to find frozen concentrates as you have found. There are also some bottled concentrates of fruits available as well. (The Ocean Spray ones are however mostly Apple and Grape juices with the Named fruit added in. But several companies bottle concentrated juices without preservatives.

What particular fruit are you looking for?

Doesn't really matter fruit wise! I just figured it was a lot of work. Concentrates are hard since my girlfriend is allergic to grape dye. I was thinking maybe Dragon Blood instead but I'm scared to ruin the batch with all the squeezing required

No grape based or berry frozen concentrates available? I've made many wines early on a few years ago from many different types of frozen and non-frozen juices. Stay away from anything that has any type of sorbate in the ingredient list and 100% juice is always better.

Latest posts

Back