Frozen concentrate where did I go wrong?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LMcCormick

Junior
Reaction score
Made my very first batch of triple berry concentrate and it has a sediment that has developed in the bottom of the bottles after bottling. Used a fast ferment, Lavin Ec 1118, 100% frozen juice concentrate, distilled water and corn sugar, sediment has a milky look and a strange Smell

Can you give us more information? How long was it from start to when you bottled?

was the wine clear before you bottled? should wait at least a month after fermentation is complete to make sure wine is clear then bottle. milky look to sediment seem that some yeast have fallen out of solution. stink will permeate into wine eventually. I would dump bottle back into a carboy carefully decant so you donot pick up the sediment. if cloudy add a classifier like Super Kleer and then re-bottle when clear.

Yea sounds like bottled too soon, yeast were still in suspension.
If it were more like little crystals that would be tartaric crystal which are fine, but milky sounds more like yeast.

As saloco said, your best course of action would be to pour all the bottles back into a carboy, wait for it all to settle out again over a few weeks. A clarifier will help speed it up.

Thank you for all the responses it was just a little over a month from start to bottling after reading all I know it was probably to early to bottle I used super clear and thought I had given it enough time don't know if i can save it or not someone mentioned trying to pour into a carboy and seeing if it will clear up I will give it a shot we shall see

Latest posts

Back