Front Mounted Sickle Mower

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FutureFarm

Reaction score
Are there any sickle mowers that mount to front end loaders instead of a bucket? Since sickle mowers require less hp than disk, drum, flail, or rotary mower it could allow a smaller tractor to mow row middles in one pass. I've found sickle mowers, but they're all offset to the side and wont allow use between vine rows and meant for cutting hay.

Interesting question. I have been looking at sickle mowers of late myself. I use a Woods rear discharge mower in the vineyard, but would like to use the sickle bar vs. the woods or the bush hog for the fields. Here is a good option for a sickle bar mower that doesn't use the old wobble box to drive the blades. And you can stand it up to trim vertical as well (see video).

https://www.everythingattachments.com/5-Foot-Sickle-Bar-Mower-p/uni-fsbm-5.htm

We used to have a Gravlee walk behind tractor that had a sickle bar cutter attachment ..... Great for cleaning under Bob wire fences. Had a mower and a tiller attachment too

we ran that thing hard.... Cast iron engine get we rebuilt it three times.... Back in the 70's... Don't k now how good they are today

Some background info would help. How big of an area, how wide is the strip you're planning on mowing.

I used to use an old JD lawn tractor with a 60" deck. It would take down anything up to 2 ft high weeds. It's now 35 years old and still going at my daughter's house.

Latest posts

Back