Friendly Hello

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello and thank you for letting me join. I'm 53 years young and enjoy making wine, canning cooking, and chatting about things. I usually get my supplies from The Grape & Grainery but will get them elsewhere sometimes.

Welcome to the forum, glad to have you here. What wine are you currently making?

Right now I'm settling home grown organic Madeleine Angevine juice foot crushed and and pneumatic water bladder pressed at SG 1.076 and raised to SG 1.085 with cane sugar. Yesterday I started hand destemmed uncrushed homegrown organic Marechal Foch at SG 1.092. The day before I started hand destemmed homegrown uncrushed organic Regent at SG 1.089 both reds with RC 212 yeast. I have homegrown organic Siegerrebe SG 1.084 fermenting with a yeast suggested on this website which I have never used Lalvin 71B. I'm also fermenting blackberry raspberry dried elderberry fruit port with Lalvin Bayanus yeast and will top up one carboy with 2 bottles of French Chambord (black raspberry liqueur) plus 30 medium toast American oak cubes to 75 ppm total sulphite as potassium metabisulphite. Finally, I'm collecting organic homegrown russet apples to grind and press to get SG 1.040-1.050 juice to sweeten with unpasteurized blueberry blossom honey to SG 1.085 to make Cyser probably 30 bottles. Russets make delicious meads IMHO. I'll use Lalvin 71B yeast for this.

Hello and thank you for letting me join. I'm 53 years young and enjoy making wine, canning cooking, and chatting about things. I usually get my supplies from The Grape & Grainery but will get them elsewhere sometimes.
Wait, did I miss my chance to vote on this guy? You're not Flounder are you? lol, welcome.

You might want to check out our favorite supplier Label Peelers Wine Making and Homebrewing Equipment and Supplies

However, there is no penalty if you don't.

Latest posts

Back