Fresh Peach with stalled fermentation

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sammyk

Reaction score
We have 9 1 gallon carboys of fresh peach wine that has stalled out at 1.000.

We racked from primary bucket at 1.000 (time got away and when we did check it was at 1.000) There was airlock activity at first, now there is none. It is still at 1.000.
We did use bentonite on the 3rd day and racked over all the lees by stirring as it was siphoning to the one gallon carboys.

The bentonite has compacted on the bottom of all the carboys so normally we would rack off from all the lees now. It is not clear either but that is not my concern right now. It is still reading 1.000 on the hydrometer.
Temperature is around 67 degrees.

Not sure what we need to do now. Suggestions?

Wait it out a while, may be done. If no change in 2 weeks stabilize. That is what I would do. Some yeast just finish out higher, 1.000 is no residual sugar and should stabilize. After 2 weeks stabilize with meta K and sorbate then back sweeten then age in the carboy for a few months.

Being that there is a lot of lees and we are hesitant to leave it on the the lees.

OG was 1.083 so at 11.039 ABV it is a little lower ABV than we anticipated.

Maybe soak the frozen - but thawed peaches in Vodka instead of doing a fruit pak with the ones we have in the freezer.

Last edited:
At 1.000, the wine is considered dry. If it has stopped that low, getting it started again to drop maybe .004 is a challenge. If you really don't want to stop there, 67F is pretty low. I'd warm it up to 75F and stir it a little. If it doesn't drop anymore in a week, consider it done and move on to the next step.

Back