Fresh CA grapes in the Knoxville, TN area.???

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill McNab

Reaction score
Does anyone know of an importer of CA fresh grapes to the Knoxville TN area, or wthin 300 miles of TN.
Thanks.

Does anyone know of an importer of CA fresh grapes to the Knoxville TN area, or wthin 300 miles of TN.
Thanks.

I have been trying to find a source also, seems to be hard in the south. I am in northwest Arkansas myself.

Try calling F Colavita & Sons, ask for Michael. They ship grapes all over the US, are not a middle man, and have really nice fruit and competitive prices. I’m just north of New Orleans and had my fruit delivered on a truck to winery in Monroe, LA. Worked out fantastic. They’ll help you find a nearby place they deliver to if you’re not ordering a full load.

Try calling F Colavita & Sons, ask for Michael. They ship grapes all over the US, are not a middle man, and have really nice fruit and competitive prices. I’m just north of New Orleans and had my fruit delivered on a truck to winery in Monroe, LA. Worked out fantastic. They’ll help you find a nearby place they deliver to if you’re not ordering a full load.

Thanks for the info Sir,
I will certainly call the gentleman next year.
I have been trying for a supplier since I moved South, 4 years now.
Thanks again.
Bill.

Looks like they have a distributor 3.5 hours from nne, Yeah Ha.

Where at? I’m in Nashville and would love to coordinate with y’all for Colavita to share shipping and any quantity discounts. I’ve been ordering frozen buckets via FedEx which is pricey. I don’t mind a road trip.

Ciao!
-johann

I have not called Colavita yet, however, tbeir web page has a distributor in Buford, GA probably 4 hours from our location.
If you check the web page look for the little dashes upper rght corner.

John,
Lets keep in touch John, are you in a wine club??.
I am new to TN dont think there is a wine club near me, time to research though.
I usually make 20 tyo 30 gallons of wine every year.
I would love to get quality CA grapes this close to home.
If you know of other wine junkies maybe we can coordonate a central drop of point that suits all parties.
My only glitch will be getting them crushed and destemmed, however, I could buy a unit instead of driving 16 hours and staying in a hotel overnight.
Buying frozen grapes with shipping must have been expensive for you, what grape types are you into.
Bill.

John,
Lets keep in touch John, are you in a wine club??.
I am new to TN dont think there is a wine club near me, time to research though.
I usually make 20 tyo 30 gallons of wine every year.
I would love to get quality CA grapes this close to home.
If you know of other wine junkies maybe we can coordonate a central drop of point that suits all parties.
My only glitch will be getting them crushed and destemmed, however, I could buy a unit instead of driving 16 hours and staying in a hotel overnight.
Buying frozen grapes with shipping must have been expensive for you, what grape types are you into.
Bill.

No wine club, but just met a couple winemakers who live nearby, I drive to Monroe, LA to pick up our fruit, probably too far for you, 3 hours from Memphis.
Just bought a C/D this year, nice to have your own for sure.
I’m pretty much into big red wines, both to make and drink.

Big reds for me also. This year Petite Sirah.
LA would be a long drive, Buford GA will suit me.
From where I live in Crossville TN 3.5 hours, not bad.

Back