Fresh Apples

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PandemoniumWines

Save the Winos
Reaction score
I'm getting ready to make my first apple wine - with apples from my own tree. Few small Qs though.

1) do I have to nip off every little speck on the skin? I would probably eat a lot of the small dots, myself, so should I just worry about big things? I have few "perfect" apples.

2) no juicer, no fruit press. :( my plan is to "rice" the apples with the food processor, bag and stick in the freezer with pectic, and squeeze/smash the bejeezus out of it when thawed. Yes?

3) should I ferment the pulp as well? I didn't know if there is a benefit to that with apples.

Cant really go wrong as long as you follow the basic rules, slice em, freeze em is good, make sure you core them to get the seeds all out, i juiced mine and i did use the pulp in a fruit bag to try and extract any more juices and the color of the skins and it seemed to work, my apple wine has a really nice green tinge to it after clearing, im not sure about what your apples look like, id cut off anything that looks bad.

Back