freeze warning

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We are expecting 30 degrees tonight. I may not get any peaches again. Every year I end up buying fruit in the fall. I buy peaches, pears and apples from an Amish group near here. They have great produce. I can about 200 quarts of different kinds of fruit each year. I've had to use some of he juice from this canned fruit to rescue some of my wine.

This year I will buy enough that I can use some to make wine.

I
We are expecting 30 degrees tonight. I may not get any peaches again. Every year I end up buying fruit in the fall. I buy peaches, pears and apples from an Amish group near here. They have great produce. I can about 200 quarts of different kinds of fruit each year. I've had to use some of he juice from this canned fruit to rescue some of my wine.

This year I will buy enough that I can use some to make wine.
my pears, peaches, wild plum and regular plum are in full bloom here, I went out and told my fruit bye, when i seen that freeze warning my heart sunk, a few mile below me gets fruit every year, here in the very north east corner of Arkansas , we get peaches 1 in 5,, pear 1 in 3, last year I had a bumper crop of peaches and elderberry, then mid summer on,,, zero rain, and I bought 2 Bushnell of apples,,, looks like I'm going to be buying both fruit and concentrate :oops:
Dawg

Latest posts

Back