FREE WINE!

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't want to belabor this, but regardless of how she justifies it, she is using her authority as "probation officer for the county" (how that's not characterized as "law enforcement" is beyond me) to seize personal property from someone without paying for it. Why evidence only has to be kept "a short time" is a mystery to me - if it isn't going to be used as part of a trial/hearing as proof of the probation/parole violation (which might take weeks or months to complete), why keep it as 'evidence' at all?

No matter what the guy on probation did (even if he killed someone driving drunk), if someone gave me wine I knew had been confiscated from him by a government agent (who has the force of law behind her), it would taste rather bitter in my mouth.

Bartman...WOW!

In case you've not read this entire thread, the person we are talking about has had multiple DWI convictions. Has done time in jail. Is on probation. Call's the probation officer and ADMITS that they are drunk and have a firearm in their possession....(read between the lines....they are probably suicidal) This is a total cry for help. What should she do? Go give her a pat on the a back and a "you can do better" speech??? (no need for trial on this one)

This is not an arrest. This is a violation of probation. Said daughter was doing her job and might have prevented a suicide. Get off your high horse and realize what has happened here. This isn't just about "Free Wine". This is about protecting people (like you and me) from others that can't control how much wine they consume....and then DRIVE!

Are you Serious about your statement that "even it they killed someone driving drunk" that confiscating their wine isn't justified?

Have you been drinking??

Off my pedestal....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back