Free wine testing in the Twin Cities

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MonkeyK

Reaction score
Free SO2/PH/TA testing in the Twin Cities

Not sure if this would be better in the classified section, but I'll post here and let any mods set me straight.

I have a Vinmetrica SC-300 and the reagents are only supposed to be good for 6 months. For me this means through about mid June. I suspect that they are good for a bit longer than 6 months, but instead of playing longevity games with chemicals and the accuracy of my tests, I would like to take this opportunity to give something back to the Winemaking Talk community.

I invite anyone to come by and try doing S02, TA, and PH testing for as long as this set of reagents lasts. I live in Maplewood, MN -- just northeast of St. Paul.

Rules:
+I do not guarantee the accuracy of the test. I think that Vinmetrica has figured all of this stuff out, but I am far from a pro.
+You will have to come to me (with samples to test, of course). I am not traveling or doing tests by mail
+regarding the samples that you will need:
--https://vinmetrica.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/SC300_manual.pdf
--S02 test sample needs to be 25ml
--While measuring with the pipette will probably be impractical with your sample, I think that we can work something out with a regular pharmacy syringe.
+I have plenty of distilled water for cleaning and diluting.
+When the reagents are used up, this is done. Vinmetrica notes that the S02 reagent kit does about 50 tests. I have done about 5, and nothing with the TA testing. I will post an update to this thread when the reagents are used up.
+if you want to do this, contact me by private message. Feel free to post in this thread as well, but it's best to keep personal info private.
+if we agree to meet at a time, I will not wait around all day for you to show up. I don't want to sound mean, but I have a life, with commitments that I need to keep

I should probably do this as an event, but I am horrible at planning things. If any Twin Citians want to help turn this into an event please LMK.:a1

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back