Free SO2 testing equipment

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Smok1

Reaction score
I recently bought the accuvin free so2 test kit, but have been doing some research and have found some people are saying that there not that accurate. At almost $5 per test im a little disapointed to hear that, what are the majority of you using to test for free s02? Accuvin? Vinmetrica?

Titrets work great for whites. Work with reds that aren't too dark red.

For the dark stuff it's too hard to see the colour change. I'm saving up for the vinmetrica.

MoreWine Economy Aeration-Oxidation Free SO2 Test Kit. $99 and more accurate than anything on the market.

Ibglowan thank you, thats much better priced than the sc-300, i still need to find a canadian supplier because apparently the chemicals that these require are considered "hazardous materials" when crossing the boarder so along with duty, tax, and our crappy canadian dollar i get nailed with another $70 hazardous material charge, but i will definitly be looking into this product.

So i just talked to my wife, she works at a compounding labratory and says she can get all the chemicals aside from the s02 indicator solution from work so this setup looks like a winner to me, thank you i will be ordering this, $99 free shipping looks like a great price

Last edited:
Good choice. Its the Phosphoric acid that is considered "Hazardous". If you can find a bottle of it at a pool supply company it will last you forever. They have excellent you tube videos on how to set up and run the test. Once you get your eye trained on proper endpoint your golden.

Ibglowan thank you, thats much better priced than the sc-300, i still need to find a canadian supplier because apparently the chemicals that these require are considered "hazardous materials" when crossing the boarder so along with duty, tax, and our crappy canadian dollar i get nailed with another $70 hazardous material charge, but i will definitly be looking into this product.

So i just talked to my wife, she works at a compounding labratory and says she can get all the chemicals aside from the s02 indicator solution from work so this setup looks like a winner to me, thank you i will be ordering this, $99 free shipping looks like a great price

I use the Vinmetrica 300 and love it. It is pricy, but well worth the cost if you want to make good wine consistently.

Latest posts

Back