• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Wine Making Talk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Free - Ison purple muscadine grapes

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

toddrod

Reaction score
If you live in south east Louisiana and want to take a ride to my home you can come by and pick 1-2 buckets full of Ison variety purple muscadines. They are excellent for wine making as that is what I do with most of them.

Let me know if you are interested.

This is hard to believe that there is no one in south east Louisiana on this forum that does not want some of these wonderful grapes. On a side note, they also make an awesome jelly.

Todd don't let this bunch fool you they will come down with a pick up full of trash cans buckets or anything else that'll hold grapes and pick till they can't take the heat anymore(them northerners can't take a little warm weather bout noon and they're bout ready to keel over from heat stroke lol) then leave

if they ever do come down expect to show them where to find food and anyplace that has wine....they're a great bunch of people and I myself enjoy having them pick grapes with me anytime.

Todd don't let this bunch fool you they will come down with a pick up full of trash cans buckets or anything else that'll hold grapes and pick till they can't take the heat anymore(them northerners can't take a little warm weather bout noon and they're bout ready to keel over from heat stroke lol) then leave

Sirs,

We handle a little southern heat the same way you folks handle a little northern snow.... :) :)

It wasn't the heat stroke, it was the cramping and lack of muscle control. But the heat did become a factor. And never mind the years of age either....

And Sirs, let ffemt know about the grapes. Hopefully you will be able to meet Mrs Hokapsig next weekend if the Nobles are still hanging......

Last edited:
This is hard to believe that there is no one in south east Louisiana on this forum that does not want some of these wonderful grapes. On a side note, they also make an awesome jelly.

I just signed up for the forum, I'm actually head to New Orleans this morning to buy some supplies for my first batch.

I'd love to have some Muscadine grapes. I'm in Chalmette.

SwampDog - get with me next year. I will have plenty to give away then and will post again when they are ready

Back