Free Credit Report

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

djrockinsteve

Reaction score
I'm sure everyone has seen the commercial for your free credit report on TV with your enrollment in "Triple Advantage". I joined then cancelled just to get my score. Failure to cancel will result in a monthly bill via your credit card....boooo.

You can however receive a FREE credit report from all three of the major reporting agencies, Experian, Trans Union and Equifax. It's free due to your right under a credit report act passed by our Govt. several years ago.

You may receive one (1) report from each of the agencies once per year. Then you must wait four (4) months before getting the next one. After one year you will have received a report from each agency once then you can start again.

To do this you may go to http://www.annualcreditreport.com
You have to verify who you are, then you select which agency you want your report from, answer some more info. then you can download it. NO CHARGE. You can opt to receive all at once for a fee.

I had a certificate error on my computer (piece of crap PC) so I wound up calling and go thru an automated system. They still need to perfect that!

It will be mailed to me.

I can't recall if I got my credit score with my last one but I did get my score from the TV ad from which I had to cancel.

FYI your credit score is technically NOT what the banks use, they use your FICO score which is very close to your credit score though. They will take a median score of the 3 to use.

The credit score is as follows..........

750-840 Excellent

660-749 Good

620-659 Fair

340-619 Poor

The median score nationwide is 720

They consider 726-830 strong while 651-725 is average.

The avenue to a good score is Accuracy on your report. Paying your bills on time. Keeping your debt to credit limit below 30%

Hope this helps anyone who needs it and if your up to it, get yourself a FREE report-NO STRINGS ATTACHED.

MOD NOTE:
It's up to Wade if this stays.
Be careful of sites that ask for your CC # there may be an auto charge past trial period.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just used that about 3 weeks ago. It's really a great tool. I found a little discrepancy on mine and had it cleared up in no time flat. Stay on top of your credit reports folks, it's more important than you may think.

I forgot to mention, checking your report yourself does NOT change your score. Only when institutions you apply for credit will cause it to decline a point or two. Too many "inquiries" close to each other will cause a big drop in your score.

Thanks for the reminder on that. I try to do this every year. You don't get your score with the free report. They want you to pay 7.95 for it. I ordered my report today.

Thanks for the reminder on that. I try to do this every year. You don't get your score with the free report. They want you to pay 7.95 for it. I ordered my report today.

True, you don't get your score with your "FREE" report, but if you log on to freecreditreport.com enroll in trip. advantage you will get your score but not your report. A week later call and cancel.

There is a neat calculator on there that you can make adjustments and see how it affects your score.

True, you don't get your score with your "FREE" report, but if you log on to freecreditreport.com enroll in trip. advantage you will get your score but not your report. A week later call and cancel.

There is a neat calculator on there that you can make adjustments and see how it affects your score.

Definately a nice thing to know. Everyone should check their reports from time to time just to make sure there is no erroneous information out there.

Latest posts

Back