Free Bottle Washer and Corker

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Johnd

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’ve been working for a few years to develop a unit capable of performing some of the repetitive tasks performed during bottling. First couple of units didn’t really perform all that well, but the latest endeavor is showing great promise of late. While I’ve made significant investments of time and raw materials over the years, they were necessary, and the added functionality and programming for sanitizing bottles and corking is, technically, free.

During initial testing of the bottle washing function, the unit had trouble rotating the bottles during the squirting cycle, which resulted in potential for some areas of the bottle interior not being coated with sulfite solution. A little reprogramming has eliminated the problem.

Corking was more of a challenge, as a significant amount of force is required to operate the corker, both for cork compression as well as cork insertion, and initially, the unit just didn’t have the power it needed. Over time, I was able to overcome this obstacle as well.

Today was bottling day for the Bravado, and the unit performed flawlessly (other than a brief interruption caused by a nearby cell phone, which was removed from the wine room) The unit had all of the bottles washed and racked by the time the corks were sanitized and the bottling equipment was ready to go, that was nice!! Corking kept up with me as the bottles were filled, and the unit monitored the cork insertion depth during the operation, and adjusted as needed, autonomously. I have named the unit BRODY (Best Repetetive Operation Device Yet). The following post contains some action photos of the BRODY unit in operation.

Well done. I read that as intended. 100% got me. Fully expected some crazy new prototype.
I had a couple similar models. The OLIVIA I doubt will ever be ready after the bad 1st run. And the DAD used to work well, but can’t push it too hard these days.
But the BRODY’s future looks bright. You’ve done fine job programming.

Well done. I read that as intended. 100% got me. Fully expected some crazy new prototype.
I had a couple similar models. The OLIVIA I doubt will ever be ready after the bad 1st run. And the DAD used to work well, but can’t push it too hard these days.
But the BRODY’s future looks bright. You’ve done fine job programming.

The first couple prototypes, the KELSEY and the RILEY, got away to college before programming had been completed, now they’re more interested in the final product than they process. If I can get the BRODY model to do bottle filling, capsules and labels, then I’ll really have something.........

The first couple prototypes, the KELSEY and the RILEY, got away to college before programming had been completed, now they’re more interested in the final product than they process. If I can get the BRODY model to do bottle filling, capsules and labels, then I’ll really have something.........

Here’s hoping. For reasons beyond my comprehension, the passion doesn’t take hold of everyone exposed. I come from a long line of family winemaking. For the old timers it was a normal part of life. Grandfather not so much. Luckily my father continued enough for at least 1 of his 4 boys to take the reigns (myself).
I’ll raise a glass in hopes that your family continues the tradition for more generations to come. Salutè

Latest posts

Back